• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why didn't the Brady Bunch make much of a fuss about CC in Wisconsin?

pkbites

Or did I miss something? If I did, fill me in, please.

Their web site is conspicuously quiet about it, and I don't recall much local opposition specifically from them on the issue.

While we didn't get the constitutional carry we wanted (YET! Neither did Alaska, Arizona, or Wyoming in the beginning) what we did get was something 10 years ago we wouldn't have imagined in our wildest wet dreams: one of the better concealed carry laws in the country AND a reinforcement of open carry rights! I expected a much tougher fight from the left, especially the Brady Boobs. Is this a sign of how broken their organization is? Does the left finally understand what a losing issue attacking gun rights is?

Or is this the calm before the storm?:eek:

32HR MAG

The guy that's posing as our president in Washington ,is working on new gun legislation . Maybe that has something to do with it .

XDFDE45

I've been reading about the Chosen One getting ready to announce some new gun restrictions but nobody is saying what it may be so who knows. As far as The Brady Campaign with the recent Supreme Court decisions they have been reduced to nothing for the most part. With 49 states now allowing CC the writing is on the wall for them
bootyshake.gif

pkbites

The guy that's posing as our president in Washington ,is working on new gun legislation . Maybe that has something to do with it .

Yes. And my observation is he didn't want to make the mistake Clinton made and dump on gun owners before his mid-term congressional elections. Had the Republicans not won the House I'm certain there would have been new, draconian laws before congress before February 1st, 2011. As it stands I don't see how he could get anything passed until after he wins a second term. Which means he has to use some kind of tyrannical "executive order" Barbra Streisand. Which will work in our favor as it will serve as more fodder to kill any minute' chance this clown has to get re-elected.

MY shock and awe comes from the Bradys (unless I am mistaken) not making much of a peep about Wisconsins CCW law.

Griffin1340

When it comes right down to it...I don't think the Brady Bunch has much regard for Wisconsin or for the Midwest for that matter.
We are 'flyover country' inhabited by lowbrow hicks with cows**t on our boots. The only people of merit in WI are those 'enlightened masses' in the Peoples Republic of Madison.
I don't have *any* use for self centered liberal trash for either coast...much less grandstanding anti-gun zealots like the Brady Bunch.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The real danger to us in Wisconsin is the Joyce Foundation. They have spent over $2 million fighting our Constitutional right. Located in Chicago, they consider Wisconsin "theirs." No coincidence that Wisconsin was the 49th state to adopt cc and Illinois hasn't yet.

deadlifter

When it comes right down to it...I don't think the Brady Bunch has much regard for Wisconsin or for the Midwest for that matter.
We are 'flyover country' inhabited by lowbrow hicks with cows**t on our boots. The only people of merit in WI are those 'enlightened masses' in the Peoples Republic of Madison.
I don't have *any* use for self centered liberal trash for either coast...much less grandstanding anti-gun zealots like the Brady Bunch.

Agreed. It would be nice if more of the libtards left WI for their 'meccas' of the coast, and left this beautiful place to more sane collective.

MKEgal

Brady Bunch = Joyce Foundation = W"AV"E
The last certainly made quite a fuss, releasing their fake 'study' (well, if not fake, then at least severely methodologically flawed), getting their chief ghoul on camera spewing her lies at every opportunity, even some legislators were brainwashed into parroting back their drivel.

What I find amusing is that the first 2 are using the same arguments to try to prevent cc in WI as they use to try to prevent OC in FL.

apjonas

The Same Reason

I advise people not to unnecessarily poke politicians in the eye. They understand that there is support in the legislature and governor's office. Making a fuss would just energize the pro-carry troops. They expect to regain control of the state (using recalls to accelerate the process) at which point they can start nickel and diming additional restrictions and barriers into the law (at a minimum). I advise a drinking game using the phrase "for the children" if you want to get plastered. Plus they have poured their time, energy and treasure into the War of the Budget. They don't like guns but losing a nickel in benefits just won't be tolerated.

Last edited: