• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I Carry A Gun

gprod55

Why I Carry A Gun
  1. Not to kill People, but to keep from being killed.
  2. Not to scare people, but because this can be a scary place.
  3. Not because I'm paranoid, but because there are real threats in the world.
  4. Not because I'm evil, but because I have lived long enough to have seen the evil in the world.
  5. Not because I hate the government, but because I understand the limitations of the government.
  6. Not because I'm angry, but that I have to spend the rest of my life regretting that I failed to be prepared.
  7. Not because I want to shoot somebody, but I want to live to a ripe old age and not dying on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow.
  8. Not to make me feel like a man, but because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
  9. Not because I'm inadequate, but when facing 3 armed thugs, I am inadequate.
  10. Not because I love carrying a gun, but because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
I'm a 75 year old retired vet, christian, who will stand and salute the flag (while I'm still able to stand) but I will and do kneel before the cross.
I'm to old and fat to run and too old to take an ass whipping. I have been well trained by both federal, state, and private security services.
I like many of my fellow retired military vets and non retired vets who have taken an oath and have never been relieved of that oath.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'm 69 and still wet behind the ears. Never served in the military, but have many friends who have. Serving in the military takes on a different duty and attitude than someone running for public office. Two different worlds. My civic duty has been to keep the "Peoples" elected officials within their scope of their duties. Many of those elected and appointed public officials and employees ALL take an oath to support (first) the constitution.

Thank you for your service.

solus

Thanks your service and your unsolicited & exemplary commentary, tis certainly appreciated and reflects what i’m sure to many members/readers those same sentiments espoused.

Best to you in your quest for continued longevity.

gprod55

God Bless you gprod55, and thank you for your service.

I’m 70, a Veteran, a Lutheran, and an American.
Thank you for the blessings as God has blessed me with mostly health (getting older has its medical problems) and the love of my family. My better half and I have been married 46 years. I thank God for allowing me to be a part of her life as she has been in mine.

gprod55

I'm 69 and still wet behind the ears. Never served in the military, but have many friends who have. Serving in the military takes on a different duty and attitude than someone running for public office. Two different worlds. My civic duty has been to keep the "Peoples" elected officials within their scope of their duties. Many of those elected and appointed public officials and employees ALL take an oath to support (first) the constitution.

Thank you for your service.
It was my duty as well as my honor to serve our christian God, my family and my country in that order.