• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why I dont open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick9

I've been looking through the patriot nurse's stuff and she has a lot of good stuff. She even had an interview with SouthNarc (where he shows his identity!).

Also, check out her list of wound care for serious trauma:
http://www.thepatriotnurse.com/pages/survival-supply-stash

I'm not so sanguine about buying fish antibiotics, but the interesting thing is that in an emergency you will not be able to get medical supplies and sadly, doctors will not permit you to stockpile in the absence of a disease.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I've been looking through the patriot nurse's stuff and she has a lot of good stuff.

Definitely on a different wavelength from myself.

For instance, she imagines "SHTF" resulting from one of:

1. Monetary collapse.

2. Middle-east powderkeg.

3. China.

Fantasyland! It seems obvious that:

1. Monetary collapse will lead to the collapse of government. But government is not responsible for the imposition of order on society; rather it takes credit for such spontaneous, preexisting order while usurping a monopoly on control, which it then uses to increase the net harm/danger faced by its subjects to bolster its spurious self-justifying claims.

2. LOL

3. Red Dawn (2012)? But seriously, why? Lebensraum? General Asian malaise? Or they're just a convenient nebulous boogeyman?

Too much echo chamber, if the OP's video didn't make that clear.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I lost all of my meds/Rx in a tragic boating accident.

Do not notice any ill effects though.

solus

as stated previously grape, you have way too much fun out here...going to be on the venue for 10 days did you say?

ipse

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It needs to be an imminent SHTF emergency.

Stockpiling (rather than spending the equivalent resources on improving your capability and skills) inherently suggests an incredibly shortsighted (not to mention arrogant) certainty of what will come.

What if, for instance, "SHTF" outlasts your reserves? Then you're back to what you probably should have planned for in the first place: adaptive self-sufficiency.

It would take a pretty specific sort of "SHTF" where your stockpiled fish antibiotics make the difference between death and ultimate survival.

If "SHTF" ever comes about, it's certain that it will look nothing like what you, personally, imagine it to be.

Rusty Young Man

Yes, because I OBVIOUSLY (sarcasm :rolleyes:) carry my sidearm openly because I want to make some sort of statement, NOT because I want to dissuade any potential attackers (I don't have dreams of being a hero by "surprising" assailants who've already surprised me) or because I wish to protect my family and my loved ones.

This video was already posted in another thread; ThePatriotNurse usually offers great points and is well-informed, but (there's that word:rolleyes:) this definitely not one of those times.

Add.
While she may have a different idea of what SHTF will look like (and I'd imagine we all have different ideas of what that would constitute), she did seem to offer some valid points in terms of "SHTF groups"; as to the antibiotics, I think the best way to ensure a steady supply would be to figure out how to grow your own mold spores and extract penicillin or the like. If it could be done once, it can be done again with today's knowledge (even without access to today's technology)?

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

This video has already been discussed on this forum. I'm not going to subject myself to the ignorance in the video once more just to recall all of the various rebuttals made by a variety of posters and re-post them, surely you can find them with some searches if you care to listen to the opposing views.

TexasOC

Telling somebody they shouldn't open carry because it makes others uncomfortable is like telling homosexuals not to hold hands in public. Who gives a **** if others are uncomfortable? That's their problem. It's a free country... OC your gun, hold hands with your gay lover, it doesn't matter as long as you aren't threatening anybody's life, liberty, or property. Businesses shouldn't discriminate on the basis of gun ownership any more than they should on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. Plus, it's just plain stupid to turn away paying customers.

Custodian

So, why are you here?

Then don't.

Also, do you have to advertise the fact that you don't like it, or don't on a forum that ADVOCATES open carry?

Did you go to a pro-life forum and shout that you are pro-choice?

Forums tend to be for like minded individuals.

CC always and only people tend to be statists, that wholly enjoy licking the jack-booted heels of their masters for their privileges.

Hoobah doobah.

Custodian

since9

Campaign Veteran

You and the very good-looking gal in the video haven't thought this through, at least not beyond the first quarter of the way. Let's progress...

First, as Qui-Gon Jinn once remarked, "the ability to speak does not mean you are intelligent."

Same goes for beauty. Some snails are beautiful. So are many tropical fish.

"This is probably going to be an emotionally-charged issue..."

No. Anyone who makes it such is simply incapable of carrying on a polite, philosophical conversation as to the pros and cons of all sides.

"What brought this deal on? Basically it was the deal with Chipotle. They don't want people bringing guns in their restaurant anymore."

Chipotle did so at the bequest of Bloomberg's "Everytown" mindblow. If they were fully aware of the facts surrounding 2A issues, they'd invite gun owners into their stores in droves.

Other chains have attempted the same as Chipotle for many reasons over the past 230 years of our nation's history. The result is always the same: When you disarm honest, law-abiding customers, you inadvertently invite the criminal element to pray upon those not smart enough to leave your premises. You create your own "gun-free-zone," what the criminals refer to as a "target-rich environment."

"What shot this off is some folks in Texas who came toting their battle rifles into an area where people came to chill out..."

Oh, damn, does this sound familiar! The only difference is that my post, The Rising Backlash Against ANY Type of Open Carry -- If Not ALL Types. had everything to do with attitude, and not the actual exercise of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, which I not only support in the fullest, but which I supported in that thread, too, when I said, "For several years, I've recognized the fact that carriers of rifles and other long arms often complain they have no other way to exercise their right to keep and bear arms," immediately followed by my observation of the "rising tide of counter-gun sentiment has hit the wild amplification of news channels."

In case some MORONS here who weren't able to connect the dots, it was all about being smart than the media, circumventing their attempts to paint us in a bad light. Most of you "got it." Some didn't.

The remainder of this ditz-brain's arguments, which I listened to in her 6 minute and 45 second entirety, are

"Let's dumb down what a weapon is and define it. A weapon is a tool ... that allows you to have an edge in a fight to defend yourself, others, or property."

The greatest tool eradicates the likelihood of such fights in the first place. If all fights were 50-50, but avoiding a fight was 100-0, which would you prefer? A 50% chance of survival, or a 100% chance of survival?

"Open carry fundamentally misunderstands the true nature of a weapon, and it sees it rather than as a tool, it sees it as a political statement."

ThePatriotNurse fundamentally misunderstands the true nature of Open Carry as a weapon, and rather sees it as a political statement rather than the tool it is. Seriously, girl - It's a quarter-second response tool, and the deterrent value is that criminals see it in precisely the same manner.

"I would submit that people who are arguing about cover garments reducing reaction time that they haven't trained enough."

Which is why, of course, all beat/duty cops conceal... NOT! And do you know why? It's for two reasons: Deterrence and rapid acquisition. 'Seeing is believing,' and most criminals take one look at a firearm and walk away. Those who don't are SNAP met with a quick response unhindered by fumbling with clothing, jackets, shirts, pants, leg pants, or any other encumbrance. This is precisely WHY beat cops open carry. They don't have the time to fumble with clothing when life or death is measured in split-seconds.

If you can't picture this, then view this video, worth ten-thousand words: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=670841776267356#

"There are some people who are regarding open carry as some sort of talisman to ward off evil attacker spirits, and that's not based on logic. If you want to avoid a criminal assault, you want to stay under the radar."

Criminals don't target aggressors. They target those weak prey, those who appear to have no teeth. So go ahead, stay "under the radar." That way you'll pop up bright and clear on the criminal's radar, and he'll get you first, avoiding me because I'm not weak pray.

Seriously, you're severely misunderstanding the difference between the way law enforcement or the military would approach someone and the way criminals would approach someone. As a nurse, you probably associate with law enforcement and the military, and your judgement is being clouded by the way they would handle a situation. Criminals are rarely found in either law enforcement or the military. Please stop misconstruing the way they would view and approach someone who is open carrying and the way a criminal would view and avoid someone who is open carrying.

REALITY: ThePatriotNurse confuses the difference between predatory and military/law-enforcement threats. Criminals attack only those targets which they perceive will return the maximum reward, i.e. rich, apparently unarmed targets. Criminals are not military in nature. They are predatory in nature. Totally different set of rules. When criminals see a greater threat i.e. open carry, they don't adopt a law-enforcement response and attempt to take it out. They adopt a predatory response and bypass it altogether so as to maximize their criminal goals of getting away with the greatest heist with the least repercussions.

Bottom line, her "arguments," as groundless as they were, have absolutely NOTHING to do with the reason I posted the Backlash thread. My entire emphasis in that thread was simply this: "Work smart, not harder. By all means exercise your Second Amendment rights, but please STOP allowing the media to make you out as fools. Stop playing into their hands, as you bring down our whole efforts when you do."

As for the remainder of her arguments, from 5:00 on, she has some valid points. Don't be stupid. Don't serve up media points which can and will be used against us by behaving in ill-considered manners.

Regardless, Open Carry remains the best way to go in the vast majority of day to day activities, so CARRY ON!

McLintock

REALITY: ThePatriotNurse confuses the difference between predatory and military/law-enforcement threats. Criminals attack only those targets which they perceive will return the maximum reward, i.e. rich, apparently unarmed targets. Criminals are not military in nature. They are predatory in nature. Totally different set of rules. When criminals see a greater threat i.e. open carry, they don't adopt a law-enforcement response and attempt to take it out. They adopt a predatory response and bypass it altogether so as to maximize their criminal goals of getting away with the greatest heist with the least repercussions.

Bottom line, her "arguments," as groundless as they were, have absolutely NOTHING to do with the reason I posted the Backlash thread. My entire emphasis in that thread was simply this: "Work smart, not harder. By all means exercise your Second Amendment rights, but please STOP allowing the media to make you out as fools. Stop playing into their hands, as you bring down our whole efforts when you do."

Regardless, Open Carry remains the best way to go in the vast majority of day to day activities, so CARRY ON!

+1
for me Open Carry is the way to go 90% of the time. There are some places were CC might be the way to go. I just know if a BG sees me and I'm OCing 99.9% of the time they will leave me and those with me alone.

And I find the whole CC only crowd to be like a cult or a little militant in their mind set[emoji6]

MamaLiberty

Not My Problem - Exactly!

Telling somebody they shouldn't open carry because it makes others uncomfortable is like telling homosexuals not to hold hands in public. Who gives a **** if others are uncomfortable? That's their problem.

Not My Problem http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/?p=5108
By MamaLiberty

Not my problem. I’m sure a lot of people would consider that a harsh thing to say, but if you’ll stay with me a bit you should easily see that it is the only real answer to the whole “politically correct” thing sweeping this country and, incidentally, the world.

“You made me mad. You didn’t make me happy. I’m offended.” You can probably add a hundred more such phrases people use to control what you do, say and even what you believe. That’s exactly what happens when a few people can choose any word or object, assign a specific (often NEW and ugly) meaning to it, and then demand that nobody use that word or object because it “makes them feel”… whatever.

[read the rest at the link: http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/?p=5108]

JoeSparky

Centurion
I like to comment attributed to Thomas Jefferson:

" If it neither picks my pocket or breaks my leg what difference is it to me?"

But, there must be one or two persons who can't just let an individual live there own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.