• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI concealed weapon application tracker

Hacken

I thought you said in your thread about being denied a firearm purchase that the reason you were confused about that was that you had received a CCL?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I don't know where you read about the part where I said I received my permit. No, I never recieved a CCL. But yes I took the CCW class and sent in my fee and cerf for the CCL on 3/16 and then the following monday i went to Gander and purchased a handgun then was denied. That's why the thread was made. if I had knew i would of never sent in that money. it's too late now..

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't know where you read about the part where I said I received my permit. No, I never recieved a CCL. But yes I took the CCW class and sent in my fee and cerf for the CCL on 3/16 and then the following monday i went to Gander and purchased a handgun then was denied. That's why the thread was made. if I had knew i would of never sent in that money. it's too late now..

Sorry, I just went back and re-looked at your original post. Never mind.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Maybe you can get that reason for denial cleared up

There are mechanisms for clearing up items that cause a denial. You might be able to use one of them.

scorpio_vette

so if i send them money orders instead of checks, should the turn around be faster since they don't have to wait for them to clear or how does that work???

my wife and I mailed ours march 30th.

paul@paul-fisher.com

so if i send them money orders instead of checks, should the turn around be faster since they don't have to wait for them to clear or how does that work???

At least originally they didn't wait. Im pretty sure they still don't.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

scorpio_vette

mailed my wifes and my application in separate envelopes on march 30th.

mine came in today april 11th.

wifes didn't come in. maybe tomorrow.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Should hit the 100,000 th permit on Wednesday or Thursday the 19th next week

Mrs. Plankton:
WCI course 3/31/12
Mailed: 4/2/12
Check cashed: 4/10/12
License received: 4/13/12
#978XX :D

We should do something to gin up a celebration for the 100,000 Wisconsin permit. I would suggest the we prepare a news release and send it to all the papers in the state, put it on Opposing views, Ammoland, wherever we can post it.

Is anyone else willing to help?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Any contact info for someone who would know when we pass the 100,000 mark

We should do something to gin up a celebration for the 100,000 Wisconsin permit. I would suggest the we prepare a news release and send it to all the papers in the state, put it on Opposing views, Ammoland, wherever we can post it.

Is anyone else willing to help?

We can post this information on the net and send it out to media outlets. On slow news days they are always looking for stories. It would be a good idea to mention the positive effects of the shall issue law in Wisconsin thus far.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
We could give the 100,000th permit holder a pistol and make news with it

DOJ should have gave that permit holder a nice engraved firearm payed for with some of the 5 millon dollars they have taken in.

For a couple of bucks each, we could get a nice pistol for the 100,000 permit holder. Done right, they might donate the amount back to open carry. It would make a good news story.

If they would come forward, we could at least give them a nice certificate and thank them for helping make the community, state, and nation, safer.