• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wicks Pizza not responding to email about no firearms sign

v8shoguy

http://www.wickspizza.com/contact.stm
comments@wickspizza.com

Here's the email that I sent Wick's:
First, I would like to tell you how pleased I have been with Wick's in the past. The service has been prompt, staff courteous, and the food great. However, on my trip today to the Middletown store to pick up dinner I noticed something on my way out that concerned me. What I saw was a sign disallowing firearms in the establishment on the front door. I found this very concerning. I am a firearm owner and I always carry my firearm with me. As a citizen who takes the safety of myself and those around me very seriously, I choose to not put others at risk by leaving a weapon where it is outside of my control. Unfortunately, this means not patronizing establishments that exclude law-abiding citizens from carrying firearms. The sign on the door creates a building where the only armed people are those that are not respectful of your right as a business to post the sign, but also may very well be armed in contempt of state law. I urge you to reconsider your position, there is no reason to alienate law-abiding patrons. I look forward to receiving your response on the issue.

Respectfully,

v8shoguy

I sent this email on 7/22. No response. I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy food. When I purchase something, I'd also prefer it to be a local product (Food included). My birthday is on Saturday, and it looks like I'll be having my birthday party elsewhere. At least I know that my money is still good at Spinelli's. I am sending them the email again with a link to this post. Hopefully they see fit to at least give a response.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Your email is well worded and straight forward. I am not familiar with this company but it is surprising that you did not get any kind of response. They didn't even bother to send a form letter. Hopefully, your second attempt will be more successful. Keep us up to date.

Last edited:

v8shoguy

Excerpts from Wick's GM response:

"...our owners are both licensed gun owners."
"...you can carry your weapon into our store as long as it is concealed."
"...issues recently with people coming in that are not policemen and carrying guns."
"...One family in particular had their children and said they would not be back if we allowed this"

I was told that someone else will be contacting me. I find this response confusing, and a little disconcerting. I will refrain from further comment at this time other than to point out that I did not, in any way, communicate to them whether or not I am in possession of a CDWL.

UnfetteredMight

Excerpts from Wick's GM response:

"...our owners are both licensed gun owners."
"...you can carry your weapon into our store as long as it is concealed."
"...issues recently with people coming in that are not policemen and carrying guns."
"...One family in particular had their children and said they would not be back if we allowed this"

I was told that someone else will be contacting me. I find this response confusing, and a little disconcerting. I will refrain from further comment at this time other than to point out that I did not, in any way, communicate to them whether or not I am in possession of a CDWL.

Ok, so theyre not antigun, they just want to keep other customers from possibly leaving AND its private property. Cant say im too upset about this one and I dont have a CCDW.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
i would agree, however i would respon to inform them that there is no licensed gun owners in this state. There are gun owners, and there are gun owners with concealed weapons permits...I hate when people make it sound like you gotta have a license to own a gun....