• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights (v2)

Jason in WI

2. Delavan Auto Zone close to NAPA that Greg says is posted. That NAPA is lightly stocked anyway.

The AutoZone is posted? Weird, I had lunch and met a couple of big-wig AutoZone guys at a commercial sales open house not to long ago at the Cudahy AutoZone, I know I was chating with some regional manager something or another. I was open carrying the whole time and no one had an issue. I will have to look next time im there if they posted but they deliver so I hardly ever go to the store, same with NAPA.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Edited to add: Ahh I see now, my bad. I'll have to check my NAPA when I get a chance. The one near me is a corporate store, they put the franchise one out of business.

Last edited:

E6chevron

I am very sorry to have to post this, and it comes as quite a shock, but McX has decided that his shop is no longer carry-friendly, for any kind of carry, any kind of firearm.

He says we're all still welcome as customers, but if he sees a gun on someone he'll take it away from them. Also, he will no longer be on OCDO or Facebook or attend any 2A events.

Mechanix, Ltd.; 1626 Douglas Ave.; Racine, WI; 53404-2722

He says that his business & marriage have been devastated (my word, his sentiment) by his devotion to the cause of 2A rights & he is reprioritizing (ditto), and urges the rest of us to do the same.
Actually, he put it quite a bit more forcefully, bluntly, & with more 'colorful' language.

Anybody who says something like :

if he sees a gun on someone he'll take it away from them.
Has not got all of his problems solved, yet.

protias

McX is not saying he doesn't want people to carry at his shop, but he requests we carry concealed.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Focussed protest campaigns against selected mercahnts banning gun carry

The strategy to deal with this is to to open carry discreetly as you shop and NEVER ask permission.

This forces the merchant to either enforce with direct orders to the open carrier to leave the premises or prominently post (posting unfortunately has been hard coded into Wisconsin law such that entry with reasonable or actual knowledge of the gun ban is apparently unlawful - in most states, gun carriers can ignore gun buster signs without any criminal penalty, not even "tresspassing").

Once the merchant takes a stand and provides notice, THAT MERCHANT needs to be put on notice that his establishment is going to be boycotted, and to expect negative publicity, including possibly open carrying protesters on the streets and sidewalks in front of his establishment.

As the weather warms up this year, select some of the smaller establishments for focussed attention by gun rights community - they can be great weekend family fun. Action in the public eye against such merchants will sometimes result in policy changes and/or quiet sign removals. But more importantly, even if the targeted merchant does not change policy, other merchants will be detrred from posting in the first place, and/or quietly remove their gun buster signs.

Remember, we have a lot of consumer power here - merchants do NOT want to post, and do NOT want to order their employees to confront open carriers and publicly create a scene by ordering them to leave, and they surely d NOT want picketers in front of their store fronts.

Call out one of these bully stores at a time and focus - taking them all on at once in a broad boycott campaign is fine but it's the intense focus on one of these bullies which will get you publicity and high payoff for your actions.

protias

Mike,

We have had a number of stores rethink their position on this matter, especially after finding out they lose their immunity if something happens.

Robert Haack Diamonds decided he was going to post. I added him to the list, to which he got all mad about. I can't find the thread he made, but here is one where he shows him on the list: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...story-about-a-boycott-by-gun-rights-advocates

msusnVet

The strategy to deal with this is to to open carry discreetly as you shop and NEVER ask permission.

This forces the merchant to either enforce with direct orders to the open carrier to leave the premises or prominently post (posting unfortunately has been hard coded into Wisconsin law such that entry with reasonable or actual knowledge of the gun ban is apparently unlawful - in most states, gun carriers can ignore gun buster signs without any criminal penalty, not even "tresspassing").

Once the merchant takes a stand and provides notice, THAT MERCHANT needs to be put on notice that his establishment is going to be boycotted, and to expect negative publicity, including possibly open carrying protesters on the streets and sidewalks in front of his establishment.

As the weather warms up this year, select some of the smaller establishments for focussed attention by gun rights community - they can be great weekend family fun. Action in the public eye against such merchants will sometimes result in policy changes and/or quiet sign removals. But more importantly, even if the targeted merchant does not change policy, other merchants will be detrred from posting in the first place, and/or quietly remove their gun buster signs.

Remember, we have a lot of consumer power here - merchants do NOT want to post, and do NOT want to order their employees to confront open carriers and publicly create a scene by ordering them to leave, and they surely d NOT want picketers in front of their store fronts.

Call out one of these bully stores at a time and focus - taking them all on at once in a broad boycott campaign is fine but it's the intense focus on one of these bullies which will get you publicity and high payoff for your actions.

Weekend family fun? Publicity and high payoff? The only publicity here in Wisconsin would be extremely negative.

Union thugs tried boycotts and picketing last March, the publicity they got was nationwide and very negative. Their tactics were squashed by Wisconsinites. BTW the union thugs started with very small business'.

With the upcoming recall elections making the political climate here very toxic, your advice would be an extremely negative blow for the "cause".

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Weekend family fun? Publicity and high payoff? The only publicity here in Wisconsin would be extremely negative.

Union thugs tried boycotts and picketing last March, the publicity they got was nationwide and very negative. Their tactics were squashed by Wisconsinites. BTW the union thugs started with very small business'.

With the upcoming recall elections making the political climate here very toxic, your advice would be an extremely negative blow for the "cause".

Your opinion.

Blast Chamber

Hi everyone. New member here from the Beaver Dam area.

Please add Beaver Dam Community Hospital to the list of "No Weapons Allowed".

Thanks.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Selling health commoditized to community customers. You're not supposed to read so closely here but just to know that they care more. Kum-buy-yah!

smks1

BW3 - Buffalo Wild Wings

The BW3 store in Waukesha (sunset) has white letters on a clear glass window to lower left of door banning guns. It was certainly not prominently displayed. I literally had to look for the sign as I thought someone who told me it was there was wrong, or the store had possibly taken it down.

It was on the window and I decided to go in and eat(I had a giftcard). After eating, I asked to speak to the manager on duty and had a nice conversation.

It was explained to me that the "no-gun policy" is a corporate policy for all corporate owned stores in the country. However, individual franchisees are allowed to have their own policies for their own stores. This is why some stores may be posted and others are not.

Needless to say, my gift card was used and I will not be eating there in the future. At least at this restaurant.

smks1

Brookfield Square

It is also noted in the post that Brookfield Square is posted. However, I have a question on this.

When looking at entrances to the mall, although the side mall entrances are posted, not all entrances to the mall are posted.

For example, Boston Store entrances are not posted, nor are there signs when going from Boston Store to the mall. Barnes and Noble is not posted on their entrances, nor are their signs when entering the mall from B&N. Many of the other stores are the same way. If stores have outside entrances, those doors are not posted. Vici Capilli salon one store that is posted, but I don't believe they have access to the mall from inside their store.

So, by not posting these other entrances, doesn't this invalidate the whole "no weapons" policy of the mall? Aren't the signs supposed to be prominently displayed at all entrances?

1245A Defender

Wowwy!!!

Sorry, just trying to help. This will be my last post on this site.

dont go away mad...
dont go away at all, you should stay...
If you leave now it will establish a new record for the leavers.

this is a fun forum for gun enthusiasts,
most of us are nice and get along well.

We Play Well with others.

Their is much for us All to learn about,, please stay and listen and add to our ramblings..

RR_Broccoli

I understand this is the WI forum, however, are we sure it is a Corporate policy or just a WI franchisee policy? I open carried at 2 different BW3 in Missouri and had ZERO issues. In those cases, I am not sure if THEY are Corporate or franchisee.

It's either corporate policy, or simply extremely wide spread amongst their franchises.

On the other gun forum I frequent, it's common knowledge in the non-localized forums that BW3 is anti-gun. It goes further than the stores, but also political donations to anti-gun organizations, lobbying, and public statements.

If I run across something, I'll post it with citations.

Last edited: