• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would OC'ing a single action 6" 357 showboatting?

WalkingWolf

I have the guns, all but a shotgun, and if I get that, it would an outside hammer double barrel. I know that the more you shoot, the faster you'll get. It's just the expense of joining SASS that is keeping me from it. I would like to attend a match as a guest and get the feel for it, but I don't know anyone who could get me in.

SASS dues used to be $25 a year, but the club I shot with did not require registering with SASS. They charged no dues, and if memory serves the range fee was only 5 or 10 bucks. Most clubs will let you shoot without a SASS membership, but they do like you to come early so they can go over safety with them. But that is all covered in the rules.

They do require that guns remain unloaded until on the firing line, which would bother some here. At the time I understood the safety part of the equation since the firearms are handled quite often. I never unloaded my EDC though and kept it in the bag while on the line. Several of us had EDCs that remained loaded but not handled or used for the match.

Looks like SASS dues went up to $55 a year. Damn inflation!

Last edited:

Chief Ten Beers

SASS dues used to be $25 a year, but the club I shot with did not require registering with SASS. They charged no dues, and if memory serves the range fee was only 5 or 10 bucks. Most clubs will let you shoot without a SASS membership, but they do like you to come early so they can go over safety with them. But that is all covered in the rules.

They do require that guns remain unloaded until on the firing line, which would bother some here. At the time I understood the safety part of the equation since the firearms are handled quite often. I never unloaded my EDC though and kept it in the bag while on the line. Several of us had EDCs that remained loaded but not handled or used for the match.

Looks like SASS dues went up to $55 a year. Damn inflation!

I just checked the SASS site and found two clubs near me, the Kentucky Regulators in Boaz, Kentucky, and the Ohio River Rangers in Paducah, Kentucky. The Kentucky Regulators are a little bit closer to me. Maybe I'll get in touch with them and take it from there.