• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another one bout to bite the dust!

solus

UNC's Chapel Hill Silent Sam statue is under siege.

called controversial in the local newspeek blurb, quote: Chapel Hill Mayor Pam Hemminger has asked UNC to remove Silent Sam, saying it "presents a clear and present danger to the students on campus and our community at large. unquote

http://time.com/4912005/unc-protest-silent-sam-confederate-monument/

http://www.wral.com/unc-student-arr...unc-chapel-hill-silent-sam-monument/16898155/

well, if a statue truly presented a clear and present danger i would expect the major movie crews immediately on site to film the greatest realistic horror thriller in our life time!

tho i find it interesting the barriers which were erected around Silent Sam yesterday have disappeared this morning ...

horrors ~ those cowards in charge of UNC (and nice LEs) are letting Sam suffer the same fate as his brethren in Durham...murder at the hands of the mob.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Silent Sam..

" I horse-whipped a African American WENCH until her skirts hung in shreds because upon the streets of this quite village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady". ( Enshrined on the statue of silent Sam).

One wonders if silent Sam was speaking on behalf of his confederate brethren?.. History or De-facto history recorded that General Lee did in fact flog
(horse-whip) African American woman for being disobedient.

In my humble Northern opinion, hero's deserve statues and monuments not the Silent Sam's of the Nation..

Solus kind Sir, always a pleasure!

My .02
CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

There wasn't. Those were Country Club Liberal Joe's scare-quotes not indicating a direct quotation.

Sir, I posted the exact words, however one of those words beginning with N and ending in O, is not permitted here.

Therefore if said word is to offensive for a gun rights board, how pray tell is said term acceptable for the viewing public?

Have a pleasant evening SIR!

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Silent Sam..

" I horse-whipped a African American WENCH until her skirts hung in shreds because upon the streets of this quite village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady". ( Enshrined on the statue of silent Sam).

One wonders if silent Sam was speaking on behalf of his confederate brethren?.. History or De-facto history recorded that General Lee did in fact flog

In my humble Northern opinion, hero's deserve statues and monuments not the Silent Sam's of the Nation..

My .02
CCJ

Folks the term African American is not on the plaque, the word on the plaque begins with an N and ends in O. Said word is not proper for use on OCDO therefore I query, if such a word is to harsh and improper for a gun rights forum, is not said word too harsh and improper for public viewing?

My .02
CCJ

bc.cruiser

Sir, I posted the exact words, however one of those words beginning with N and ending in O, is not permitted here.

Therefore if said word is to offensive for a gun rights board, how pray tell is said term acceptable for the viewing public?

Have a pleasant evening SIR!

CCJ

It seems that CCJ is correct about the N word not being allowed here, even when used as part of an American place name that honors a person of that race, or is a common descriptive word on an other country/language: Just try posting a name, such as African American Mountain in Pa, or the Rio African American in Brazil.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

Silent Sam..

My .02
CCJ

I have tried to find where on the UNC's Silent Sam that inscription appears. I am so far unable to do so. Where did you find this? Or are you BSing us again?

The plaque on the pedestal commemorates the UNC students who joined the armies of the Civil War; no mention of USA or CSA.

Last edited:

solus

I have tried to find where on the UNC's Silent Sam that inscription appears. I am so far unable to do so. Where did you find this? Or are you BSing us again?

The plaque on the pedestal commemorates the UNC students who joined the armies of the Civil War; no mention of USA or CSA.

BC, what was quoted was from 'JULIAN CARR' who dedicated Silent Sam at the campus in 2 June 1913. it is one of the reasons the university just took CARR's name off the building dedicated to him.

https://www.scribd.com/document/356954421/Julian-Carr-1913-Silent-Sam-Dedication-Speech

hope that provides the cite you seek.

Last edited:

solus

I disbelieve that a plaque inscription would misspell quiet as quite[sic]. SJW Joe is BS-ing as always.

actually the commentary was correct and your unrelenting maligning is getting extremely weary and obviously olde!

solus

Homophones are fun, particularly when they're from another language, like

From Middle English nigard, nygard (“miser”), from nig (“niggardly person”), possibly of Scandinavian origin; compare Old Norse hnǫggr (“miserly, stingy”). Possibly cognate to niggle (“miser”).[1] Compare German Knicker (“niggard”), knickerig (“niggardly”).

now you are truly stretching the bounds of civility and this forum's social conscious.

countryclubjoe

Read State v Mann---

Our justice system while still flawed, came a long way since State v Mann as has society, however it appears that society is drifting back into the horrors of those days when horse-whipping a wench was considered legal and natural... What a horrible people were the white race in 19th century America.

My .02
CCJ

countryclubjoe

now you are truly stretching the bounds of civility and this forum's social conscious.

Solus, please forgive the Fellow from Wisconsin, I believe he fell off his bike and hit his head and now believes he is living in 1860 America and his favorite dress attire is his "glory suit". What other logical explanation exist to support his white supremacies rhetoric in 21st century America?..

I trust when his medicine starts working, he will be half tolerable once again.. I pray for a quick recovery for it pains me to observe a once wise old owl deteriorating into a babbling idiot... I advised him some time past that he should wear his bike helmet, I fear he neglected my counsel..

" Here is one who was an old man among boys and now among the old is but a boy".. Greek Saying.

Nightmare, please get well soon!

My .02
Regards
CCJ

bc.cruiser

countryclubjoe

Thank you. CCJ posted that the quotation was "Enshrined on the statue of silent Sam", hence my question.

All is grand.. My unintentional " misinformation" created a " chain of events" that propelled us to the " truth"..

Allow me to explain-- Misinformation (unintentional?) followed by conjecture, followed by due-diligence, followed by intelligent redress, follow by civil discourse ? Followed by what really counts... " THE TRUTH"

Hence the beauty of OCDO and some of our esteemed members-- We strive to seek the truth and with some work we accomplish our goal.
It matters not how we achieve truth, just that truth is achieved.

Truth is, that 19th century actions, slogans and yes even morals,beliefs and law, have NO PLACE in 21st century America...

I apologize for the misinformation however I was positive that the good folks here would find the path to the truth whatever the means.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

"...Truth is, that 19th century actions, slogans and yes even morals, beliefs and law, have NO PLACE in 21st century America..."
Gee, I wonder if that applies to 18th-century beliefs and laws and well, such as our Constitution. Does it also have "NO PLACE" in 21st century America?

countryclubjoe

"...Truth is, that 19th century actions, slogans and yes even morals, beliefs and law, have NO PLACE in 21st century America..."
Gee, I wonder if that applies to 18th-century beliefs and laws and well, such as our Constitution. Does it also have "NO PLACE" in 21st century

America?

See my new thread.. 19th amendment anniversary.. There with some basic thinking, you may find the answers to your query...

If you feel the need to broaden your mind concerning 18th and 19th century America and you confess of being a hypocrite, I shall forgive your ignorant indiscretions and we can opine civilly and become all the wiser thereafter.

" Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools' Einstein

'I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong' Mr. Fredrick Douglass

" Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience above all Liberties" John Milton

And this pertains to all of us-- ' When we turn to one another for counsel we reduce the number of our enemies' Khalil Gibran

Falls, the ball is in your court.. And please be advised ' I am a forgiven man' !

My .02
CCJ