• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another one bout to bite the dust!

countryclubjoe

I think you misspelled 'plagiarist' there, countryclubgardener.

My Dear Grammar and Spelling Nazi intellectual from Georgia... I type with an aggressive shaky hand, I, understand that you will be there to point out all my petty errors thereof, You're the guardian of my sloppy prose. you're my unpaid copy editor, You're the perfect pseudo- intellectual and believe me, any and all crypto-intellectuals would be honored in having you as their shield. Thank you for always being there for me...

I shall be in Tybee Island on business and pleasure between September 12th and September 19th.. I suggest we meet up for dinner and drinks my treat and please bring your CHECKERBOARD and I shall be more than aspired in teaching you how to play..

QI, thank you for always being there!

My .02
CCJ

solus

All is grand.. My unintentional " misinformation" created a " chain of events" that propelled us to the " truth"..

Allow me to explain-- Misinformation (unintentional?) followed by conjecture, followed by due-diligence, followed by intelligent redress, follow by civil discourse ? Followed by what really counts... " THE TRUTH"

Hence the beauty of OCDO and some of our esteemed members-- We strive to seek the truth and with some work we accomplish our goal.
It matters not how we achieve truth, just that truth is achieved.

Truth is, that 19th century actions, slogans and yes even morals,beliefs and law, have NO PLACE in 21st century America...

I apologize for the misinformation however I was positive that the good folks here would find the path to the truth whatever the means.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Joe, I personally wondered what the student's uproar & hub-bub was about re the statue which for almost 100 years was just minding its own, being a bird stop, in an out of the way spot on the campus. your post pushed me to peal the onion back further, so thanks for the outstanding kick in the derrière to research further!

i am now wondering WHO told the students about J. Carr's dedication speech, found in an obsecure tome, which instigated this furor in the first place and ultimately leading to the outcry of the removal well as Carr's name being removed from a campus building.

now if i was an heir of Carr who had contributed heavily (read as paid for) to the building's construction and in greatful appreciation, whom the university agreed (written contact?) to name after my distant relative ~ i would be quite angry and raising cain over the slanderous commentary going on as well as the removal of the family name.

countryclubjoe

I think you misspelled 'plagiarist' there, countryclubgardener.

Countryclubgardener, LOL, is actually fairly apropos, seeing that I own two landscaping companies, one of which is under contract to service all the major golf courses thru out South Jersey... However I would not know the difference between a tulip and a iris..

GH109- study hard for that GED!

My .02
CCJ

Va_Nemo

In my humble Northern opinion

CCJ

With that one short thought you convey more to many here about your beliefs than you have the capability to remotely imagine.

You are showing you are truly a yankee. Be that a good or bad thing in your views, it is a most educational matter in the eyes of many.

The truly sad part of it is that you do not realize any of it.

Nemo

countryclubjoe

With that one short thought you convey more to many here about your beliefs than you have the capability to remotely imagine.

You are showing you are truly a yankee. Be that a good or bad thing in your views, it is a most educational matter in the eyes of many.

Nemo

I suggest you attempt to start living in the 21st century.. Symbols of oppression and cruelty towards other human beings have no place in modern day society..

If you feel the urge to pay homage to such people, hire a sculptor and display all the statutes or symbols that make you happy. And please be advised your side lost, now if you need the names of a few good sculptors, I have some.

My .02
CCJ

countryclubjoe

Your response confirms everything one more time.

Nemo

We can agree to disagree and I respect your opinions on the issue. I only ask that you also respect mine..

During that horrible time in our nations history heroes and villains were created. In my humble opinion heroes should be remembered and enshrined...

My heroes from those dark days in our history were; William Lloyd Garrison and Frederick Douglass..

My villains were anyone and everyone that oppressed and abused other human beings..

VA_ If I may ask, who were your heroes and villains from those days?

Please be advised altho I may not agree with what you speak/say, I shall always defend your right to speak it.

I await your reply to my query.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

solus

Nemo

VA, Deutschland has 'voluntarily' (eh, perhaps that is a misnomer) removed the majority of their 20th century's early history and have strict laws regarding resurrection of their past's ghost, further there is immediate response if those laws are violated.

do you which to have a statute of Sherman cast and put out for display throughout your community. personally Sherman is semi well thought og in these parts...course this neck of the wood surrendered to him outside of town thus saving the scorched earth devastation from the conflict.

solus

my argument is the way these symbols are being removed under the malaligned premise the civil war was about freeing the slaves ~ the event wasn't started under that premise and that conept was Lincoln's only way to keep some semblance of momentum after almost 2.5 years of skirmishes (north was losing its butt actually due to military ineptitude) fo keep the British and France from joining the South's cause!

now someone figure out to educate the country's populace about the true historical F A C T S. and then decide what the civilized methodology is to remove them if that is the consensus after the bloody history lesson!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yankee by birth, Southern (Virginian) by choice.

There is much honor in both camps.

countryclubjoe

Yankee by birth, Southern (Virginian) by choice.

There is much honor in both camps.

Grape, verily, the wounds of honor are self inflected.

" Honor is something every man is born with it cannot be bestowed, we must NOT let it be taken"..

Grape, have a good day and enjoy the labor day festivities in your neck of the woods.

My .02
CCJ

Va_Nemo

We can agree to disagree and I respect your opinions on the issue. I only ask that you also respect mine..

During that horrible time in our nations history heroes and villains were created. In my humble opinion heroes should be remembered and enshrined...

My heroes from those dark days in our history were; William Lloyd Garrison and Frederick Douglass..

My villains were anyone and everyone that oppressed and abused other human beings..

VA_ If I may ask, who were your heroes and villains from those days?

Please be advised altho I may not agree with what you speak/say, I shall always defend your right to speak it.

I await your reply to my query.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

You are seeking an understanding by asking questions which are totally irrelevant. Those things do not matter.

Its a simple matter of the idea-- If you do not understand it, I cannot explain it. That means its a learned understanding not an explainable idea.

Simply put, as a yankee yourself, you completely lack the basic Southern memory, culture, and respect for what it means to be Southern.

Move to the south and live here for 25 years with some level of willingness to learn. Despite you being a yankee that might let you learn and earn a glimmer of understanding.

And be sure to move to a place truly southern. Fairfax Va or Atlanta Ga and similar areas have been way too much yankafied. Try a place like Fitzgerald Ga or Alta Vista Va.

Nemo

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape, verily, the wounds of honor are self inflected.

" Honor is something every man is born with it cannot be bestowed, we must NOT let it be taken"..

Grape, have a good day and enjoy the labor day festivities in your neck of the woods.

My .02
CCJ
I see this somewhat differently. I believe that every man is born with the capacity for honor - not all achieve it to the same degree. Like a mirror, honor is a reflection of the man.

solus

You are seeking an understanding by asking questions which are totally irrelevant. Those things do not matter.

Its a simple matter of the idea-- If you do not understand it, I cannot explain it. That means its a learned understanding not an explainable idea.

Simply put, as a yankee yourself, you completely lack the basic Southern memory, culture, and respect for what it means to be Southern.

Move to the south and live here for 25 years with some level of willingness to learn. Despite you being a yankee that might let you learn and earn a glimmer of understanding.

And be sure to move to a place truly southern. Fairfax Va or Atlanta Ga and similar areas have been way too much yankafied. Try a place like Fitzgerald Ga or Alta Vista Va.

Nemo

BS flag thrown!!

what righteous crap is being flung...Lordy, do get over your high and mighty self boy, your attitude shows you are no where near a southern gent or you wouldn't be spouting off like you are, in public no less!!

nemo, et al., you are no more belonging to the "southern" cohort living in the heart of Dixie (where in the world that is) than immigrant from any country you pick who has lived here 25 years who considers themselves an heritage American!

WANTA-BE maybe, sure you can pick up the drawl, easy going life style, the hand flick wave as you pass others on the country roads...and while wishing all your might...won't make you a southerner!

you can empathize all you want to the stories regaled, rite good tell'n mind ya, as handed down bout uncle harry, aunt bertha, or poor cousin jacob who done lived for 2 years after the 'WAR' w/o his arm and half a leg and was in might bit of pain till he passed!

so get over trying to resurrect and sling your perception of what the south was and such, cuz like everything else, our life and such move on.

next ya will be regaling stories from your adventures the great civil rights crusade(s) where you were marching hand in hand with King, Abernathy, and the likes.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

American by the Grace of God. Southeron by my well-advised choice.

Southeron, there's another word being deprecated and disappeared by the ravening barbarians in our cities.

Thankfully all those barbarians that supported "flogging Wenches" have died and or moved on.. However I understand a few still reside in Wisconsin and enjoy posting bigoted rhetoric on open carry gun forums.. :shocker:

My .02
CCJ

OC for ME

the 21st century has regressed in many ways. Watch TV and see the truth of my words. While the Southerners I know are characters we are certainly not equivocators and bandwagon riders...except-in if you is a Tide fan.

WalkingWolf

How is it that none of the liberals/antifa are throwing a fit about the still segregated colleges, and universities still in this country. One located in Washington DC, yet only crickets from the left trolls.