• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet Another Reason To Own A GUN!

Custodian

imported post

I'm packin', are you?

This says it all. Another reason why our Criminal Justice system needs to be fixed. Drug laws need to be abolished (Why is it a crime to hurt yourself? It shouldn't be unless you try to hurt others that are unwilling in the process) and the DEA needs to go away (yet another way to balance a budget, get rid of unnecessary government agencies; BATFE, IRS, the Department of the Interior, this means you too!)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080403/ap_on_re_us/prisoners_early_release

C'mon, I'm a Correctional Officer, I see what these yahoos are capable on the inside, you don't want the violent ones back on the street or the sex offenders. But if it comes down to money, then I guess its alright, right. I mean why even go through the process? All for the greater good, or is it? And to whom, who will ultimately benefit, where will this saved loot go to? Also, how are prisons expensive when most C/Os (in my area) are living at the poverty level and are staffed by skeleton crews paid thousands less than police officers. If we got rid of "victimless crimes" then all we would house are the public enemies and not those who , if necessary, require treatment. However, if alcohol and tobacco are okay, the other drugs should be leaglized too, we need to quit spending money on useless crap and pay for that which is truely necessary, the defense of our United States. This nanny government we have somehow gave birth to, needs to go away, right now.

LEO 229

imported post

The title is about reasons to own a gun but then you go off to speak your mind about various things you do not like that are not even gun related.

• Drug laws need to be abolished
  • the DEA needs to go away
  • get rid of unnecessary government agencies; BATFE, IRS,
  • most C/Os (in my area) are living at the poverty level
  • staffed by skeleton crews paid thousands less than police officers.
  • if alcohol and tobacco are okay, the other drugs should be leaglized too
  • we need to quit spending money on useless crap
  • This nanny government we have somehow gave birth to, needs to go away
You should have tried tokeep itgun related.... because nowit has beenclosed.

My wife and I carry because there are so many criminals out there. And many are released early from prison to make space for the new customers.

This includes those victimless drug users that abuse their own bodies with drugs they bought with cash or property pawned that they stole from others. So I guess it is not a victimless crime after all. :uhoh: