• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

yo missouri come get your man...

OC for ME

The store manager called in a active shooter?...which was a lie...no shot were fired...

Or, these nitwit cops know they got nothing on the perp and injected the "call of a active shooter" to cover their law-breaking butts...

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

solus

Cautiously raising my hand...

So the really nice off duty fire-person drew his firearm and held this individual who had violated no laws whatsoever [except being stuck on stupid] at “gun point” ?

Did said off duty fire-person get cited for assault?

hammer6

Cautiously raising my hand...

So the really nice off duty fire-person drew his firearm and held this individual who had violated no laws whatsoever [except being stuck on stupid] at “gun point” ?

Did said off duty fire-person get cited for assault?

Yikes!

Resto Guy

Early this morning I watched the "news" report about this incident. I told my wife that it sounded like a case of someone (stupidly) testing the waters of open carry. I hope that is the case here. If so, he could not have chosen worse timing or location. Because of the current climate, I expect the charges to stick. He will be a poster child.

hammer6

Early this morning I watched the "news" report about this incident. I told my wife that it sounded like a case of someone (stupidly) testing the waters of open carry. I hope that is the case here. If so, he could not have chosen worse timing or location. Because of the current climate, I expect the charges to stick. He will be a poster child.

The police report makes no mention of any firearm law violations. IDK how to link another thread but it's in the missouri thread.

solus

Might check other thread same subject...

JTHunter2

According to the St. Louis TV news tonight, he has been charged with "making a terrorist threat". Walmart is also asking that he be banned from all of their area stores.

solus

Sell tickets to watch Walmart ban any citizen out of their facilities with the massive influxes of customers daily...

Oh wait JT...the aerial surveillance company could contract with Walmart for their services ...🥴

WalkingWolf

I banned myself from Walmart two months ago, best banning ever. I enjoy shopping for food so much better in grocery stores instead of standing in long lines, or having to self checkout, or being accused of stealing by the greeters.

JTHunter2

The "superstore" near here has now put in electronic gates that only open inwards to allow you to go in the store. Approach from inside the store, even with no items, and an alarm sounds. Even if you don't have any purchases, you have to go out through the checkouts to access the outer doors. The easiest way is through the self checkouts as it is a more open area than the single lane checkouts.

I wonder how they will handle a panicked rush to exit the store in the case of a fire or other "situation"?