• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You gotta be s***ing me - Iowa CONstitution

Capn Camo

imported post

Before any of you go trusting the back -stabbing money-grubbers at the NRA (they are in it for the money - believe me...) have a read at your CONstitution.

They didnt give a gooses crap about my rights, and I was holding money out to fund a lawsuit. (in another State, not IA).

the IA CONstitution has no "Right to Bear Arms" provision. I assume this is the link:

http://search.legis.state.ia.us/NXT/gateway.dll/ic/2010const/1?f=templates&fn=default.htm

You'll get nowhere with your attempts to change the law except SLAVERY to the StATE untill you all demand a Constitutional Amendment to the BOR establishing your Right to Bear Arms.

DONT trust LAW to uphold your rights, its the goal of Law to take them from you and give them to the powerful.

After reading the CONstitution and Communist laws of IA, no wonder my mother in laws mouth hung open when she saw me OC-ing at home...

IA_farmboy

imported post

I see my right to arms codified right here:

Rights of persons. SECTION 1. All men and women are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inalienable rights - among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, acquiring, possessing and protecting property, and pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

I have the right to life, and the right to defend my life. I have the right to property, and the right to protect it. I have the right to pursue and obtain safety. Those rights are not protected if my right to arms is not protected as well. Not only that but my arms are my property, I have the right to possess that property.

There is also this gem from the state constitution:
Rights reserved. SEC. 25. This enumeration of rights shall not be construed to impair or deny others, retained by the people.

The problem is the enforcement of the protections to my rights.

Oh, and your issue with your mother in law has nothing to do with the state constitution.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
Before any of you go trusting the back -stabbing money-grubbers at the NRA (they are in it for the money - believe me...) have a read at your CONstitution.

They didnt give a gooses crap about my rights, and I was holding money out to fund a lawsuit. (in another State, not IA).

the IA CONstitution has no "Right to Bear Arms" provision. I assume this is the link:

http://search.legis.state.ia.us/NXT/gateway.dll/ic/2010const/1?f=templates&fn=default.htm

You'll get nowhere with your attempts to change the law except SLAVERY to the StATE untill you all demand a Constitutional Amendment to the BOR establishing your Right to Bear Arms.

DONT trust LAW to uphold your rights, its the goal of Law to take them from you and give them to the powerful.

After reading the CONstitution and Communist laws of IA, no wonder my mother in laws mouth hung open when she saw me OC-ing at home...

Hey Cap'n -

What a refreshing post! I think I'd better warn you thoughthat I have been trying to tell the statists from Iowa that visit here all year (they’re mostly from an NRA affiliate or are otherwise NRA lackies) the same things you are . . so plan on being personally attacked for saying anything negative about the "Negotiate Rights Away" crowd.

You have to realize that Iowa is right next door to "the people's Republic of Illinois," and the folks here have "big government envy" . . Iowa is rapidly becoming the queen of nanny states . . . if it isn't already there!

I doubt that we can get a second amendment style provision in our Constitution (though I for one will be pushing for it) . . . there are just too many fraidy cat people here who fall into apoplexy at the mere thought of someone “bearing” arms without the state’s permission, including the "NRA rank and file."

I am envious of you though, having a good Constitution and open carry available to you.

SS

Max G

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:

Correct, there is no explicit RTKBA in the Iowa Constitution. That should be the next step taken before attempting a Alaska type law in Iowa, because there is no Constitutional basis for an Alaska type law in Iowa at the moment.

The US Constitution 2nd Amendment is not yet incorporated to the States, though McDonald should accomplish this. However, the Heller case left the grey "reasonable regulation" crap in the RTKBA.

Mosts States have a State RTKBA. Iowa should join them.

AL Ranger

imported post

As long as Iowa recognizes your right to defend yourself and it has nothing outlawing guns, you're halfway there. We hope you can get this accomplished and join the rest of us. We wish you the best luck trying to get the RKBA in Iowa.

aadvark

imported post

Soon..., The United States Supreme Court will Incorporate the Second Amendment against The States under McDonald v. Chicago.

In the mean time, Iowa has recently passed and signed mandatory 'Shall Issue' Permits into effect in Iowa, ursurping ancient 'May Issue' practices amongst Anti-Gun Sheriffs throughout Iowa.