• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Young Ladd from CT?

Rattrapper

What ever happen to the young man from Ct. that was on his way to Maine when, the Stasi of Massachusetts stopped him on Rte 495. What was the results of that case?

dcmdon

His name is Luke Huizanga. A number of the firearms charges were dropped, but he plead to a bunch of other stuff too.

This should be a lesson to all of us. Everything he had was legal at his point of origin (CT) and his destination (ME). All he needed to be safe was comply with the requirements of he safe passage portion of FOPA. He didn't. So he's busted. All the charges around high capacity feeding devices and illegal possession of ammunition were dropped, because the law is silent on that. The writers of FOPA never envisioned you needing a license to own ammunition or magazines, so they're not included in FOPA.

Since he was driving a pickup truck and firearms could be reached by him, they needed to be in a locked container. Then he'd have been legal and this whole thing would have been nothing more than an expensive lesson in the oppressiveness of MA firearms laws.

Don

Last edited: