• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A LEO who gets it

since9

Campaign Veteran
I already did.

No, you didn't, at least not in this thread.

"I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do."

Try again, LT. And seriously, whether you went through the Academy or OCS, links are not an acceptable substitute for qualified references.

If you're actually a Navy LT, I do not need to demonstrate acceptable citing of one's credentials. That skill is central to all the service academies as well as all collegiate feed-in programs for all ancilliary academies, including OCS, OTS, and others.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Why? Why should I expect to be contacted by law enforcement if I am not engaged in any behavior to indicate a criminal act?

God's honest truth, LT, is that you should not have to. Neither should I, nor any other honest, law-abiding citizen engaged in the lawful carry of a firearm in accordance with state and federal law.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Keep reading. His more thoughtful assessments are posted later in the thread. I found all of his assessments, including the one you quoted, to be on target. This article cites the practical reasons for not bothering OCers. The author does not show respect for the right nor its exercise.

I'm giving it my best read, eye95. Yes, I still peek at your posts. Provided your content is supported, (Like this, and to which I'll gladly respond) instead of simply antagonistically directed at me (like much of the crap into which I'd love to wrap into a yarned ball of wax to be forgotten...).

I'll send you another pm. Nothing special. Just a simple request.

eye95

I'll send you another pm. Nothing special. Just a simple request.

Stay out of my PM box. I replied to your PM telling you this--and copied the administrator. Anything you have to say to me will be said in the open for all (including the staff) to see.

VW_Factor

Stay out of my PM box. I replied to your PM telling you this--and copied the administrator. Anything you have to say to me will be said in the open for all (including the staff) to see.

If you really would not like to hear from him, add him to your ignore list. It should then refuse PMs from that user.

At any rate.

I read a few more of his articles, and I get the general feeling from some things he mentions..

"A lot of places mandate that a person with CC permit must inform the officer". -- I thought this was "the exception", and not "the rule". How many states must you inform the officer immediately? I did not think there were that many.

"A lot of CC'ers will not be completely knowledgeable of the letter of the law". -- I would hope that anyone who even has interest in CC permits would read through their local and state firearms laws to have a pretty firm grasp on them, as well as the knowledge to stand up for your rights if need be. While I cannot speak for everyone, most people I know that have permits are just as, if not more knowledgeable about firearms laws than your average LEO. Is this not often the case?