• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons license fee increases.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Careful Paul I am sure his finger is on the delete button at this very moment.

He's not breaking a rule, why would I delete or moderate a post? :)

I am not concerned. I am not breaking any forum rules. I am not attacking anyone personally, just clarifying the information and its voracity.

Take it for what you will. It's among the numerous bills and ideas floating about in the Nevada State Capitol to eliminate it. There were small changes made where it was revolvers were considered all inclusive. Senator Bernie Anderson is gone so there will be a lot more progress in eliminating restrictions and stupidity from the books.

J.Gleason

Banned
He's not breaking a rule, why would I delete or moderate a post? :)

Past History. Why even start it over again. Your a secret moderator. Everyone knows it. I have no problem with there being moderators. I do have issues with moderators that delete posts and threads simply because they do not agree with the opinions or statements or points of view made within those posts or threads. If you do not like the members opinions or points of view then what is the point of having this forum? Is everyone only suppose to agree with you? If that is the case, your a moderator, create your own forum room where you can have discussions with yourself. Then everything will be perfect for you.
Like I said I have no problem with moderators insuring there are no personal attacks and such similar behavior, but censorship is another thing. Not being angry or posing any attacks here. Just being honest. Enough said.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
This thread is a case study in what happens in the Wisconsin forum.

Someone posts something that people don't want to hear. Something that doesn't support their stated position/opinion and the attempts to discredit come out.

Then those attempts to discredit quickly turn into conspiracy theory against the person who dared post something the forum regulars disagreed with and within one page the entire thread degenerates.

And y'all can't blame Spartacus now.

The Don

Someone posts something that people don't want to hear. Something that doesn't support their stated position/opinion and the attempts to discredit come out.

Then those attempts to discredit quickly turn into conspiracy theory against the person who dared post something the forum regulars disagreed with and within one page the entire thread degenerates.

Just my opinion, but in this case, I think the thread started to get off topic when Paul simply asked Gray not to cite anonymous sources (or to have more than just an anonymous source) and Gray took it personally and started being argumentative, "You're telling me what to do...why? Or else what would happen?", and then started arguing the semantics of the forum rules.

It was reasonable for Paul to ask for a citation. To me, Gray's responses seemed like they were the unreasonable part that led to the thread getting off topic because he didn't like being challenged.

Just my opinion, though. I don't have a horse in this race.

Last edited:

oak1971

It has been relatively peaceful none the less of late.

1FASTC4

Don't believe I proved any of your points. The fact is the NOPD initially started looking at registered firearms owners first and then went on to do a door to door sweep.

Did the Fed tip their hand that gun rights only exist until they decide they don't anymore? That the constitution's most basic rights can be usurped at any time? Why is there not more uproar over this?

I remember reading about this and thinking that I would have holed up and been shot eventually. I would have lied about owning guns and refused entry in my home to NOPD. I would never give up my ability to defend my family... especially under such circumstances that existed in NO at the time.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Past History. Why even start it over again. Your a secret moderator. .

I'm not a secret moderator. John announced my appointment as forum admin over a week ago, and he asked me to do so months ago. It wasn't until I came onto the Wisconsin forum engaged in legal debate here that I got hit with personal attacks. No other forum where I have posted has there been a reaction to my postings to the level of vitriole and bile. John asked me to specifically keep a close eye on this forum for rule violations.

Nothing I did in response to the personal attacks towards me which were moderated (not deleted) was done without the approval of John Pierce. Every post that is moderated (taken out of view) goes into a system where John reviews my decision. To date, he has not overturned any of my moderates. That should tell you that your postings in response to me was filled with rule violations that was rightfully moderated.

This is John's house. If you cannot argue effectively towards me or others on this forum without continually breaking his rules and engaging in personal attacks, your posting privileges will be revoked and you will be shown the door courtesy of John himself.

Are we crystal clear, Mr. Gleason?

Oh, and btw: Any more discussion over my status on this forum will be moderated. If you have a problem with my moderating of this forum, PM Administrator and take up your concerns with John directly.

Last edited:

The Don

Fees and permits are a very bad idea. take an example based on something that happened here at my work just the week before last...say an abused wife who's been forced to be a stay-at-home mother by her husband can manage to scrape together 250 or 300 bucks for a handgun because she's left her husband and he's harassing and threatening her, despite a restraining order.

now say concealed carry goes through but she can't afford to get another 200 bucks together (and/or the time necessary) to go to training and get a permit...so does she not carry and not be protected or does she carry anyway and risk being caught and prosecuted as a criminal and perhaps have her kids taken away?

fees and permits in order to exercise our rights is NOT the way to go. like someone else said, if you need to pay a fee and get a permit, then it's not a right, it's a privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray Peterson

Thread has been cleaned up....

I have cleaned up the postings involving my moderator status and other off-topic postings, bringing it back into focus on the fee increases in other states.

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

now say concealed carry goes through but she can't afford to get another 200 bucks together (and/or the time necessary) to go to training and get a permit...so does she not carry and not be protected or does she carry anyway and risk being caught and prosecuted as a criminal and perhaps have her kids taken away?

I believe thats were the saying:" Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 comes in."
Granted she is or would be breaking the law...The other person is basically breaking a court order by violating the conditions of the restraining order.If she were able to prove bodily harm or injury ...Odds are pretty good she wouldnt be charged.

LR Yote

The Don

I believe thats were the saying:" Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 comes in."
Granted she is or would be breaking the law...The other person is basically breaking a court order by violating the conditions of the restraining order.If she were able to prove bodily harm or injury ...Odds are pretty good she wouldnt be charged.

LR Yote

I agree completely, but not everyone is willing to take that chance. Besides, a person shouldn't be put in that position simply for choosing to exercise what is supposed to be a right in order to protect his or her self and his or her loved ones.

One shouldn't need permission from the state in order to protect oneself, especially when it's been ruled many times that the state's law enforcement officers have no duty to protect its citizenry.

Gray Peterson

Here's what I think should be done, assuming we can't take out 941.23 entirely. First is that if you have an order of protection against someone, it should act as an exemption from the carry ban if one still exists post-2011 (California has a law like this). Even without one, I believe that the most that should be punished for is a civil fine, probably $25 (sort of like New Mexico) for everyone else.

jpm84092

Good Question

Does anyone have a link to page that shows a list of all state permit fees and requirements?

While it is the individual responsibility of every Citizen to verify the information contained on this website, it my own personal opinion that the folks cited below do a very good job of staying in touch with all State Laws including permit fees and the like. Please see:

www.handgunlaw.us

This website shows applicable CCW and Open Carry Law for each State. (Wisconsin Open Carry advocates will be interested in this feature.) Another good source of information is the NRA's website. However, the best source of information is the official State website applicable to handgun law in that State.

Up until recently, I was a Wisconsin resident. Now I am a Utah resident. When I was a Wisconsin resident, I had a Utah CFP (non-resident). This permit allowed me to carry concealed in 30 States while I was traveling.

I am not a lawyer and I do not play one on TV, but for anyone with questions about the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, I am a State of Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. The Utah CFP is one of the most popular with out-of-Utah residents because: 1) It costs 1/2 of what a Florida permit costs, 2) there are Utah BCI Instructors in all 50 States, 3) it does not require a qualification shoot, and 4) it covers 30 States - More (34 States) if you are a Utah resident because VT, MI, CO, ME, SC, and FL only honor permits issued to residents. (Note: ME and SC do not honor a UT permit. SC will honor a FL permit, but only if you are a legal resident of FL. So a Utah resident permit really only adds VT, MI, Fl, and CO.)

Jim

M

McX

permits?! we dont need no steenkin permits, dont need no fees either!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I've found that the information on this site goes into a little more detail especially about the shall-issue permit cost/requirements etc by state. The handgunlaw links don't seem to include cost. Both are good resources for reference.

http://www.usacarry.com/wisconsin_c...nformation.html#wisconsin_concealed_carry_map

The above map is clickable, you can click on any state and see what their permit tax is and a lots of other info.