• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ainfantry7

1. ainfantry7

Purchasing a handgun via private sale...Kicked out of Gunshow!

I just got back from a gunshow in Roanoke, VA where I was escourted out by two armed security officers. Their reason being: "You can open carry under 21 without someone 21 with you." and "You cannot buy or sell a handgun through private transfer under the age of 21" I tried to reason with...
  2. ainfantry7

OC in Vehicle? "In plain view"

imported post Just coming back to VA and had a couple of questions... I was stopped on 419 around Christmas while OCing in a car. When the LEO came up to the window I informed him out of courtisy that I was OCing. He asked me for my licence and registration then asked me to step out of the...
  3. ainfantry7

OC dinner in Roanoke!

imported post I'm planning an OC get together for the 5th or 6th of Jan. The restaurant has not been determined yet. Any ideas for a carry friendly restaurantthat'sreasonably priced around the Roanoke area? So far there are only two other members that have contacted me about going. I will...
  4. ainfantry7

Minimum Age to OC in VA?

imported post What is the minimum age to open carry a handgun in Virginia? At the age of 18 do Ihave to have written parental conscent? Can an 18 year old OC a handgun that was obtained via private sale? Time is of the essence, I'm home on leave, and only have a few days left. Thanks...
  5. ainfantry7

OC for military in Alaska?

imported post New to Alaska and the Forums, so I have some questions concerning my ability to carry off base. I come from a small town in Virginia where it is legal to OC with your parent's permission at the age of 16. However since moving to AK, I read that it's legal to OC at the age of 14...