• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by deadlifter

1. D

Sig Sauer Scorpion

I picked up a Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 a couple weeks ago, and got out to the range to shoot it this past Sunday. This is a great gun. Very smooth trigger, very accurate even with the cheap range ammo I was shooting. Consistently hitting at 25 yds with nice grouping. The gun is comfortable in...
  2. D

Mills Fleet Farm DOES NOT ALLOW OPEN CARRY!

I just bought a new gun from Fleet Farm, and while the assistant Manager, Steve L, came to double check the paper work I asked him about open carry. I said I was questioned by a loss prevention employee, but was not asked to leave, and he replied, "Well, in the past we kind of looked the other...
  3. D

Yet another encounter with a business

I dont know whats goin on here. Is it just me, or does everyone have this many encounters with businesses and people in general? I was buying some fireword with my boy today at Uncle Sams just off 41 in Howard, and whom I supposed was the owner came and asked me if I was an LEO? I responded no...
  4. D

Green Bay west side Fleet Farm

So I stopped in to check out the handguns, pick up some off, and got a little toy for the kid while I was there. On my way to the cashier a white shirt (manager I presume) came up with a very concerned look on his face and says: Him:Excuse me? Is that a gun? Me: Yes Him: Is it real? Me: Yes...
  5. D

Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

Well I bought one today. Just wondering what to expect from it. Its my first revolver. Lookin for info on best way to clean it, important things to remember with it, etc. Heres a pic of the beast. I got the gun, holster and 40 rounds of 240grain HP's for $450. He wouldnt come down to $425 lol.
  6. D

My first run-in with security

Today I had met qball54208 at Walmart for a little OC'ing, and it was my first chance to carry with a veteran of it. I'd like to thank him for taking time out of his day to talk with me and answer any questions I had. We had a trouble free walk through Walmart. I didnt find what was looking...
  7. D

Woodmans in Green Bay

So Im thinking of doing my first open carry tomorrow. I still havent done it yet ( I know, I know). I was going to go to Woodmans, but they sell alcohol. They do sell it in a separate area of the store though that is through a set of sliding doors. You pay for it separate from your groceries as...
  8. D

Your spouses views on CC/OC?

Hello, Im new to this forum, and I'd like to say theres alot of great reading and information. I havent OC'ed yet, but Im hoping to soon. I guess I have the first time jitters. That being said, my wife is against it. Her father was killed(shot by another hunter) in a hunting accident when she...