• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Gr8gunz

1. Gr8gunz

What do you carry?

Alternate between a Springfield .40S&W XDM and a Springfield 1911 Range Officer. Both are very accurate and very reliable. Open carry them in a Safariland level III holster.
  2. Gr8gunz

Retention, retention, retention!!

I am paranoid about retention especially when I OC which is 99% of the time. Nothing is more frightening to me than some cokehead grabbing my handgun from behind. To prevent that I carry a level III Safariland holster. Yes, it slows down the draw a bit but it's a good trade off for me. I...
  3. Gr8gunz

Not very knowledgeable about 1911

I have fired a 1911 .45ACP only a few times and have been lusting for one ever since. I would like to know from you 1911 owners if it serves well as a carry weapon. Is the full size concealable or do I need to get a compact version? Could use a few suggestions as to brand also. Lots of...
  4. Gr8gunz

Gun buster signs and NO-GUN employers

Here is a post I copied from another forum concerning gun-buster businesses and NO GUN employers. This guy hits the nail right on the head. Those of us who contend that the Second Amendment gives us the right to defend ourselves while we are at work or out conducting business are far...