• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by kschmadeka

1. K

Washington Reciprocity For Alaska

imported post Dear Alaskans, My name is Kevin and I lobby for second amendment rights in Washington State. Earlier this year I got a bill introduced for both lowering our age for a CPL to 18, and also expanding reciprocity toaccept licences frommore states. It didn't go anywhere but we did our...
  2. K

Firearm Freedom Act op-ed in Everett Herald

imported post http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100307/OPINION03/703079988/-1/OPINION#Here.in.Washington.your.right.to.bear.arms.is.under.fire I sent the first draft of this to Val Stevens and Matt Shea, but it was pretty substantially rewritten. Mine was better, but this is okay I guess...
  3. K

OT - GOAL Alert, Action Needed To Protect Hunting Programs

imported post This GOAL alert just in from Joe Waldron: ---------------------------------------- For the many hunters on the list The Senate bill calling for the merger of WDFW & Parks into DNR remains bottled up in the Senate Natural Resources Committee. Multiple title only bills dealing...
  4. K

Oregon Non-Resident CPL's

imported post Kevin Starrett of Oregon Firearms Federation informs me that Grant County Sheriff Glen Palmer, who has a policy offreely issuing tonon-residents,wants to start issuing non-resident CPL's at Oregon gun shows. But first, he needs to buy an electronic fingerprint machine. It costs...
  5. K

GOAL Alert - Domestic Misdemeanor Expansions afoot!

imported post This GOAL Alert just in from Joe Waldron: GOAL ALERT 1-2010 1 February 2010 One almost slipped past us! House Bill 2778 appears to adopt federal restrictions on firearm possession in cases of domestic violence or "no-contact" or other family-related restraining orders. Federal...
  6. K

18yo CPL carry INTRODUCED!

imported post It's here!!!!!!! This just in from Joe Waldron, writer ofthe GOAL Post: "HB 3082, a bill that would lower from 21 to 18 the age at which an application for a concealed pistol license could be applied and issued. The bill was filed by Representative Brendan Williams (D-22), a...
  7. K

HB 1604 Suppressor Legalization

imported post HB 1604 would legalize use of suppressorsfor everyone, not just law enforcement. It has one little bug with the language, as it requires thatthe suppressor be federally registered, which would conflict with the Firearms Freedom Act, which nullifies registration requirements for...
  8. K

HB 2709 Firearms Freedom Act

imported post The Firearms Freedom Act http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2709&year=2009is the bill that would nullify any Federal regulation or intrusion into firearms, accessories, or ammunition made and retained in the state. Whatever its chances, this is a great bill that...
  9. K

HB 2264 Gun Show Bill

imported post Just reviewed this bill. While it appears to be completely rewritten from previous versions of the "gun show bill", ithas been crafted in the same way to make conducting a gun showa virtual legal impossibility. The bill establishes liability for violations fora "licenseddealer"...
  10. K

OC Legislation, anyone?

imported post I'm wondering if any of you have considered promoting the OC cause through legislationin Olympia. I can think of a couple of bills that would be useful right off the bat. One would be tofix the OC in a vehicle problem. Another would be a billto provide real penalties for LEO's...
  11. K

News Tribune

imported post Hi guys, I got an oped run in the News Tribune in response to one by Rep. Pat Lantz about HB 3095 (mental health prohibitions). Now I've got a nice little flame war started in the comments section, and I'm steering it into the subject of campus carry. Feel free to join in...
  12. K

HB 3131

imported post I know this is short notice and perhaps not entirely on topic for the list, but if you can drop a note to Senate Education this evening or tomorrowabout thisit would be much appreciated. FRP Alert: HB 3131 Hearing In Senate Wednesday HB 3131, the bill that further clamps down on...