• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Lafayette

1. Lafayette

'The imminent threat of...' vs 'The threat of imminent...'

Okay, in another thread that I now can't seem to find, there was the discussion as to whether or not there was a difference between the "The imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death" and "The threat of imminent of grievous bodily harm or death". In that thread, several people posted...
  2. Lafayette

Open Carry at a Place of Worship: Can they ask you to leave?

Hey guys, if you are a parishioner at a place of worship and you are open carrying, can they ask you to leave?
  3. Lafayette

DMV Open Carry?

Is Open Carry in Virginia DMV's okay? I believe it is, I just haven't found much about it in the last few years.
  4. Lafayette

Open Carry - Harrisonburg Area

Open Carry - Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, Staunton, Augusta County etc I thought I'd start one of these for Harrisonburg. So far with no problems: Walmart on Burgess Rd Best Buy The Dog Park on Smithland Rd (Local Govt) Rolling Hills Antique Mall The Friendly Co-Op (oddly enough, no...
  5. Lafayette

New Open Carrier!

Hey everyone! On the 24th of December I woke up to the best pre-Christmas gift Uncle Sam could have ever given me.. I finally received my Permanent Residency AKA Green Card. So what did I do? Why, I did what any other red blooded man would and went to my nearest sports store, bought an OWB...
  6. Lafayette

Open Carry is to the 2A as wearing a headscarf, a yarmulke or a crucifix is to the 1A

As someone relatively new to the USA that has lived his life in several countries including Australia, New Zealand, Syria, Qatar and visited others like Turkey, Lebanon, Sudan, Oman and the UAE, I have witnessed many systems of government ranging from absolute monarchies, constitutional...