• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by s&w_M&P_owner

1. S

Question about updates to a recent law

Hey guys. My stepfather had told me tonight (he read this on a forum, not this one, but I don't know the name of the forum otherwise) that NC has updated the domestic violence laws, or some law related to domestic violence (he said it passed around the same time as HB 841, the bill that made it...
  2. S

OC while handing out Halloween candy

Alright guys, so Halloween is quickly coming upon us. Here's what I've got: I'm one of only 3 houses on this end of the street (yes, you read that right, only 3 houses including ours) that hands out candy on Halloween night. The problem is: I've been in NC for almost 6 years now, and every...
  3. S

A question for the NC OCDO community

Hey all. Here's the situation: I was down at a local store last night around 7PM (for reasons of privacy since a big deal was not really made here, I won't post the store's name, I just want to see how you all would have handled this situation). I walk in, and there's really no one in there...
  4. S

Family Dollar is against OC/CC

Hey guys. Just got word in tonight from someone I know who works for Family Dollar that their against OC/CC, even though there are no signs. They gave me a paper with the policies for "weapons" of any type (not just guns), so here it is, in Family Dollars own words, and I'll bold the parts that...
  5. S

Question about OC at a car show

Hey guys. I've been OC'ing around Reidsville for about 2 months now, and so far have had really good luck and no problems. I do have a question about carrying at a car show though. Anyone who lives in Reidsville (I don't think many of us do though :p) knows that every year, from the 2nd Friday...
  6. S

Getting ready to OC around Reidsville soon

Hey guys. So I finally broke down at the end of last year and got my pistol purchase permit, and then proceeded to buy a brand Smith & Wesson M&P 9 (the 17 round version). I finally got to the range with it on Tuesday and broke it in, and now have my defense ammo coming on Monday. On Tuesday...