• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ScottyDog

1. S

Way OT: Ride alongs

imported post Every department I've contacted says they dont do them anymore unless you're in the academy, or KCSO said some weird stuff about being in the Civilian academy... huh? Can one of our members that are in LE enlighten me? Thanks, -ScottyDog
  2. S

OT: Theoretical speeding ticket

imported post So lets say I'm out driving and get caught say doing 5 or 6 over the speed limit. I know I was guilty of speeding etc... So anyway, during the conversation the officer asks me to step out of the car. BTW I' carrying concealed and officer doesnt know yet. How do I deal with...
  3. S

OT: Guns as gifts

imported post I did search a little, but couldnt find an exact answer on the threads... so.,. 2 months ago my bro-in-law passed. He had told the family that he wanted me to have his Beretta 92FS should anything should happen. There was no official will. But verbally the family knows this was...
  4. S

WOOT! Finally OC'ed for the first time today!

imported post Yes after having a CPL for over 10 years I took the plunge and OC'ed! I was carrying my Kimber 1911 .45 stainless gold match in my shoulder rig. "Walked" 5 blocks to my local 7-11 and bought a pack of smokes. 2 Shoreline cops drove by me and didn't even give me two glances. The...
  5. S

Disabled

imported post I may have posted the fact that I'm in a wheelchair before, anyway I have a serious question for all of you. Do you think I get treated differently in a traffic stop because I'm disabled. I ask because I read many horror stories here :cool: and just wonder. I have been pulled...
  6. S

Never OC'ed

imported post Ok Ok I admit it, I'm a whimp. I've never OC'ed and I've had a CPL over ten years. I've never done this because part of my fear is that I'd end up being in jail, and being in a wheelchair, that thought isn't appealing. I know the law is on my side, but my question is, where...