• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by snoball

1. S

Calibers relocating to Paseo and Coors

Earlier this year I posted that a company had submitted plans to the city for a shooting range near Paseo and Coors and it never materialized. (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?111620-Attend-meeting-re-NEW-indoor-shooting-range-on-West-Side ) In today’s Albuquerque Journal...
  2. S

Albuquerque gunsmith

Looking for recommendations for a local gunsmith to add an ambidextrous safety to a Ruger SR1911. I did a search and found the ones below, but I would like to hear from owners that have used one and can vouch for their prices and work. Appreciate the help. Ac Gunshop Los Ranchos Gunshop...
  3. S

Attend meeting re NEW indoor shooting range on West Side

The announcement below was sent to local neighborhood groups to get them to attend a meeting on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2013 at 6:30pm to oppose a new indoor shooting range in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, I will be out of town, but gun owners must attend to show support for the facility. The plan...
  4. S

Silver City Mayor rescinds ban on guns

Thanks to the gun owners in Silver City that opposed the Mayor’s gun ban he imposed on January 10, 2012. It is this type of action that keeps our guns in our hands. The Mayor acknowledged that he had violated the State Constitution by banning firearms in the Town Council Meetings. In addition...
  5. S

Find an attorney when a shooting happens

imported post After the many recent righteous self defense shootings in NM where the shooter was jailed for considerable time (and usually later released), I thought it might be time to share info with each other about what to do after the shooting and who we should call after a shooting...
  6. S

Where is NM ammo?

imported post Is it just me or are all the shelves empty of ammo recently? I have checked all the WalMarts and Sportsmans Warehouse and you can hardly see any supplies of ammo---especially handgun ammo. Was there a run on ammo after the election and the manufacturers have not caught up?? If you...
  7. S

Felony arrest in Albuquerque for Open Carry in Giant gas station

imported post http://www.abqjournal.com/west/19115233W1NOCOP1906-19-08.htm -- In the Albuquerque West Side Journal this morning (June 18, 2008) there is a piece titled "Cops: Man Had Gun In Store". Before it explains that he was arrested for unlawfully carrying (open carry) of a firearm in a...