• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by virginiatuck

1. virginiatuck

My holsters and accessories

My carry kit: Questions, comments, suggestions? For Glock 19: Three 15 round magazines and two 33 round magazines. Galco; leather pancake, OWB Blackhawk; SERPA Level 2 Retention, OWB (belt or paddle) InSight tactical rail light (not compatible with my holsters, but is installed when at...
  2. virginiatuck

New Shooters and Exposure to OC

I took a couple of friends to the range. It was her first time shooting; he'd been shooting before but something like 15 years ago and not that much. Several weeks ago, she was talking about getting a firearm "just for the house" and "just for when he's away." And he said "I don't really...
  3. virginiatuck

There are no long guns in the champaign room.

How about sawed-off rifles/shotguns with less than 18" barrels or less than 26" overall length? How about pistols over 14" in length? Air rifles? Or air pistols? Alternative weapons? Tasers, stun guns, switchblades, butterfly-knives, bolos, boomerangs, asps, spear guns, mortars...
  4. virginiatuck

Virginians' safety during interstate travel; 24/7 verification req.

Has there ever been an attempt to repeal § 18.2-308(P)(i) to remove the requirement for a 24/7 instant verification system prior to reciprocity or mere recognition of another state's permit? I haven't found any real discussion of this topic on the site (using search). I'd bet the...
  5. virginiatuck

Too Darn Hot for CC

It's too darn hot for CC. :cuss: I was just in Texas, San Antonio to be more precise, and had a rather difficult time with the carry restriction. I had to choose: either wear more clothing than necessary, limit my choice of carry handgun, or not carry at all. I opted between a) and b), but...
  6. virginiatuck

Concealed in whole or in part...

imported post http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/46153.html That link above points to a belt-buckle containing a firearm. My question for y'all here is: Would that pass for unlicensed open-carry? Or does the fact that the gun is three-dimensional mean that there is *absolutely* no way to...
  7. virginiatuck

Forests, Parks, Wildlife Refuges, and Cemeteries

Outdoors/Wilderness Carry Status Disclaimer: The following is provided for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and I do not advocate that anyone does anything. The information is provided without warranty or guarantee of accuracy. If you want to truly understand a law, consult...
  8. virginiatuck

Sec. 18.2-308(J1)

imported post There is a discussion about sec. 18.2-308(J1) in the OC in NoVA thread. I thought I'd move it here. J1. Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun, who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place, shall be guilty of a...
  9. virginiatuck

Official Source for "JRC Rule"

imported post I'm trying to find the source for the rule that prohibits carry at the General Assembly building and property without a CHP. The rule has been discussed at OCDO, it's listed at VCDL.org, and there are a few "news" reports from when it was enacted. However, all of those only...
  10. virginiatuck

SB 842

imported post Specifying that a license issued by another state to an individual who is a current or former member of the armed forces of the United States to carry a regulated firearm, including a concealed regulated firearm, is valid in Maryland.
  11. virginiatuck

SB 743

imported post SB 743: Establishing that a nonresident may transport an unloaded handgun in a motor vehicle only for specified purposes and uses allowed under law and only if the nonresident complies with specified requirements; etc.
  12. virginiatuck

HB 683

imported post HB 683: Repealing the requirement that the Secretary of State Police find that a person has a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun before issuing a handgun permit to the person.
  13. virginiatuck

Audi Struck by 2 Bullets on I-66

imported post NBC: Audi Struck by 2 Bullets on I-66 Google News Search Results
  14. virginiatuck

Proposed Legislation - Recognition of Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia Permits

imported post Well, it wouldn't be reciprocity just because Maryland says it is; recognition would be the proper name for it at this time. Still, I'm glad to see it proposed: HB 52: Regulated Firearms - License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, or Virginia - Reciprocity See the attached PDF...
  15. virginiatuck

GMU Board of Visitors Appointed by Governor

imported post Are there any pro-gun GMU Board members?Are there any vacancies on the Board or any terms expiring soon?Are there any pro-gun candidates that could be appointed to the Board while we have a generally pro-gun Governor? § 23-91.26. Appointment and terms of visitors generally. (a)...