• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by wmodavis

1. wmodavis

Now it's the SSA buying ammunition.

First it was the DHS, then the NOAA and now the SSA is buying large amounts of JHP ammunition. http://www.infowars.com/social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-thousand-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/
  2. wmodavis

Why doctors are more dangerous than guns

While I do not always agree with the Ranger, he does sometimes have some good stuff, and I do agree with him on this one. In fact I have posted it on my own blog about a week ago. Do you think doctors are more dangerous? I was convinced of it even before his article came out...
  3. wmodavis

Surprising OC in Murdoch's

Was really surprised this afternoon while I was shopping for some hardware in the Murdoch's Ranch & Homes Supply just west of Highlands Ranch. I was really trying to perfect my 360 head swivel so I couldn't be surprised but... Before I knew it some guy (an employee) grabbed my...
  4. wmodavis

OCing experience in Home Depot near Park Meadows

Wish I could get Mel to write my stories for me but ... Here goes. Went into the closest HD to pick up a few things - sprinkler heads, wasp killer (he shot at me first OUCH!), ant killer etc. Of course I had my handgun in the holster. A clerk helped me find the ant stuff I was looking for and...
  5. wmodavis

First official OC experience with an excellent advisor

Well yesterday I got into the range with my new G23. Went through a couple of boxes to see how it felt. Also fired my .380 for comparison. If the attachment works you'll see the first couple of mags at 10ft. I think it's going to work out fine.
  6. wmodavis

First official OC experience with an excellent advisor

Today, after having approached a man on the street (so to speak) for help, I went on an OC excursion - my first. I am awaiting my CCW class and wanted to get going with carrying before all that transpires. For a novice, which I consider myself to be, I chose to ask for expert advice from one...