• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. R

OC'ed today (4/15/10) at the Prince William Tea Party.

imported post No issues as usual. Plenty of police around so if anyone had an issue, they would not have had an issue reporting mwg.
  2. R

OC Lunch in Manassas on Monday (2/15/10)

imported post I realize this is last minute, but is there any interest for having an oc lunch this Monday in the City of Manassas? Fosters in Old Town at 1:00.
  3. R

Do local Va Governments have power to allow or not allow loaded firearms on public waterways?

imported post I came across this on the Prince William County code. Sorry if already addressed elsewhere. The following quick reference outlines the restrictions that apply to hunting and the discharge of firearms and bows within the County. Consult the Prince William County Code sections...
  4. R

Why you need to carry at home if you live in the City of Manassas.

imported post The robbers struck again on Monday and today. MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT PRESS RELEASE November 18, 2009 Residential Burglaries During the past two weeks the City of Manassas has had several Residential Burglaries in and around the Wellington and Cloverhill...
  5. R

Accidental discharge in Prince William County.

imported post By Amanda Stewart Published: September 19, 2009 A man accidentally shot himself at a Woodbridge service station Saturday evening, Prince William County police said. A 25-year-old man's personal firearm discharged while he was inside his car at the Sunoco at the intersection of...
  6. R

Unicorn spotted at the Manassas Hard Times Cafe.

imported post I was out with the family having supper tonight and saw a family leave and was watching as they walked across the parking lot and only then did I notice the husband(?) was oc'ing. I could not tell what type of hand gun he was carrying. Was that anyone here? It was around 6:00PM.
  7. R

Why you need to carry at home.

imported post I did not see this posted, excuse me if it has already been discussed. MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT PRESS RELEASE May 29, 2009 Stabbing On May 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm officers responded to the 9100 block of Yarrow Lane for a report of a stabbing. When officers...
  8. R

Pro open carry car tag.

imported post Whiledrivingin the Woodbridge area onJefferson Davis Highway earlier today, we were passed by a vehicle whose tagswere "VA OC"(it was a NRA vanity tag). Was that anyone who posts on here?
  9. R

New worry for a weapons ban?

imported post OK, it may not be directly related to open carry..... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1
  10. R

Sorry if this has been posted before...

imported post Has anyone heard about this group wanting to "brand" ammunition? http://ammunitionaccountability.org/default.asp
  11. R

I guess we would not be hired by Obama.

imported post http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15835.html
  12. R

More worrisome words from Obama.

imported post <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tt2yGzHfy7s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  13. R

Manassas Fall Festival

imported post The annual Manassas fall festival is this Saturday, Oct 4, and runs from 10:00 AMto 4:00PM. The GOP HQ will be open and it will be a good time to exercise our rights in the City. I will be at the Frank Stringfellow SCV Booth in the morning if anyone wants to stop by and introduce...
  14. R

Is anyone interested in having an OC dinner in the City of Manassas next week/

imported post Specifically August 18 or 19? Fosters, Kc's etc?
  15. R

Would anyone care to respond to this letter?

imported post http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/article/guns_guns_guns_everywhere_guns/19243/
  16. R

Fox Five upcoming news story.

imported post Get ready for another anti-gun story on the local news. Fox five is going to run a story on a local elected official who wants high schools to have a shooting club to teach kids how to hunt. In one news tease, the anchor said just when there seems to be too many guns in school...
  17. R

Anyone going to City of Manassas Independence Day Celebration?

imported post The family and I are planning on going, and I plan to exercise my right to open carry on what I consider the most appropriate day to do so. I hope to see others doingthe same.
  18. R

Chance encounter with fellow poster.

imported post While out enjoying an ice cream at the local Baskin Robbins, I noticed a gentleman who was ocing. Of course I just had to go up and ask if he posted here, and sure enough he does. As it turns out it was Varwmiller. We must have talked for a good twenty minutes, with plenty of...
  19. R

Why women should carry in Arlington

imported post ARLINGTON, Va. -- Arlington County Police believe a series of attempted abductions may be related. The latest attack occurred May 10 when a woman was walking in the 4000 block of Washington Boulevard around 2:38 a.m. and heard someone running up behind her, police say. Before...
  20. R

Upcoming story on CNN about when and where to carry.

imported post I wonder how bad CNN will butcher this story.