• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

CHP renewal, different county

Had my original permit issued by Prince William County. Moved to Stafford County. Did official change of address stuff but never had my permit changed. When I send off for renewal, which county do I send it to? I know that VA Code says that the issuing county is supposed to change the address on...
  2. B

Shooting at Northern Virginia Community College woodbridge campus

imported post Shots fired at nova Woodbridge. Wtop report at 1522
  3. B

Signal Hill Park in Manassas

imported post Is Signal Hill park in Manassas a state park thereby making it concealed only?? Or do I have the option of OC??
  4. B

Buying a handgun with DV charge

imported post I have a buddy who has a domestic violence charge from more than 10 years ago. Maybe even more like 20. In another state. Should this prevent him from being able to buy a handgun? He has no other charges since. He said the state of NC would allow him to buy a shotgun but not a...
  5. B

going on base

imported post How should a firearm be stored when going on a military installation?? Specifically Ft. Belvoir.
  6. B

Pistol grip shotgun

imported post Does anyone know if there is anything about not being able to hunt with a pistol grip shotgun? I thought that I had seen some turkey guns with them tho. Also, folding stocks. Basically I want to know if the Mossberg 500 JIC is legal to hunt with. I realize that they are designed...
  7. B

Canoeing and fishing

imported post Just wondering if anyone knows of any good rivers I can canoe/fish on that I would also be able to OC? Trying to stay out of state/national parks.Not too picky on location, just away from thecity.
  8. B

Glock Magazine Holster

imported post Anyone ever use the factory Glock sparemagazine holster? Was wondering about the durability. Seemed kinda cheap to me.
  9. B

bowl america

imported post Anyone ever OC at Bowl America in Manassas?? Just wondering if I should encounter any problems out there.
  10. B

One or the other??

imported post Just a curiousity, is there anything on the books as far as what i'll call "sloppy oc"? Sometimes, mostly around my neighborhood, I'll pull my shirt over my sidearm as our lease says no firearms in the trailer park. IMO if you look any more than just a passing glance, you'll...
  11. B

Bowhunting

imported post I am very happy to say that this will be my first year back out in the woods in quite some time. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good public land where I would be able to bowhunt. Or if maybe someone knows of some private land I would be allowed to hunt on?? Any help...
  12. B

rifle shoot

imported post Whatever happened to organizing some kind of rifle shoot/get together? I thought it was talked about a while ago but no mention in a while. I have a new SKS (for almost two months) and haven't had a chance to shoot it. If nothing else, ,does anyone know where I would be able to...
  13. B

confiscation of guns??

imported post I've seen that a few states (MO comes to mind) don't allow authorities to confiscate guns in time of emergency. I'm wondering if VA has the same laws in place or will we have to fight to keep them when the need arises??
  14. B

OC in Woodbridge

imported post I'm starting this thread to find out where people have OD'd in the Woodbridge/Dale City area. Being new to OC and not having a CHP yet, I have only OC'd in two different spots. Safeway at Minnieville and Old Bridge and the Bloom on Prince William Parkway. I have yet to actually...
  15. B

Dale City Gun Show

imported post I realize that it will not be anywhere close to as big as the gun show at Dulles but I was wondering if there will be a VCDL table at the gun show in Dale City on the 28th and 29th of this month.
  16. B

First time

imported post OC'd for the first time today. Took the baby to the grandparents and I know they don't mind so I took the Glock along. Stopped for a soda at CVS on Rt. 1. People seemed more interested in the baby than the pistol. Kind of exciting.
  17. B

Problems with Blackhawk Serpa holsters??

imported post I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with their Blackhawk Serpa holsters?? Meaning any broken springs or buttons or retention problems. I ask because as the weather gets nicer, I will be riding my motorcycle (hopefully) a lot this summer and don't want to...
  18. B

OC on motorcycle??

imported post Kind of new to the OC thing. Still have yet to actually do it as i have no holster yet but am working on it... I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who OC's while out on their bikes.Maybe some rides are in order??