• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Front Sight: 4 Day Handgun Course Review

imported post I have also posted this on DefensiveCarry, I have been a member on this forum for a couple years but forgot my log in information and no longer use the email for it. So I did the quick route and made a new account. It feels good to be able to OC again in VA as being at school...
  2. S

Severe DISLIKE for Norfolk Police now.

imported post Background: We went out to the bar last night. Had a great time before my roommate and great friend goes into surgery on Thursday. He became quite belligerent as everything came out. His yelling was heard by a neighbor who called the police reporting domestic dispute. 4 squad...
  3. S

Question: No consent to search, officer uses K-9.

imported post Delete
  4. S

Dan Wesson CBOB?

imported post I am looking at buying a CBOB as my new carry gun. However, I have never found one local in NOVA to fondle. So does anyone happen to own a CBOB or any other Dan Wesson for that matter that I could check out? I know the Wesson's have had mixed reviews. Some say it shoots like crap...
  5. S

Made My Own Holsters and Mag Carriers (PICS)

imported post Well, after reading the how-to and seeing what other people have done I took the leap. Bought Kydex and chicago screws from Knifekits.com and they showed up 3 days later. 1 sheet 12x24inches gave me, 3 .22LR mag carriers, S&W 22a holster, 3 USPc mag carriers and for fun flared mag...
  6. S

How often do you Dry Fire? Practice Your Draw?

imported post For the majority of us I know shooting at the range 3+ times a week is not possible unless its 25 rounds a trip. So, how often do you guys dry fire and draw from OC or CC? For myself, I try do it every night. If I miss a night I will include the firearm I was supposed to...
  7. S

Kydex Sheeting (anywhere I can buy locally?)

imported post I want to make some Mag carriers for my 22a as well as a holster for it. I have links online for sheeting to order but want to buy it locally if I can. So, anyone know of a local place that sells kydex sheeting? Preferably Northern VA.
  8. S

Appealing a passed bill but does not Enact till '08

imported post I have a question. As a small business owner Maryland's Clean Indoor Air Act which passed but does not enact till Feb. 2008 will kill my business. So my question here is: If I were to attempt to appeal this and have an exemption made. What steps should I take to do this? Lawyer...
  9. S

What Laws do you carry with you?

imported post Search didnt exactly reveal what I was looking for. So, I am curious to know what your information sheet looks like that is stuffed in your wallet or just in your pocket? I realized its smart to do this since I do not always drive. I have the laws in a packet in my car, but when...
  10. S

OC into Chipotle on PW Parkway

imported post Went to dinner tonight with some friends at Chipotle on Prince William Parkway, right there by the Mall. Was CC but they serve alcohol on premise. Received a whole lot of double takes, 2 stare downs from a late 30's woman and another older group of 30's people when I was leaving...
  11. S

From OC to CC for me now.

imported post Well it took 37 days but my CC permit finally showed up from Manassas. Thankfully no mistakes and to boot it made a great Friday mail call. :monkey Picture for reference and what I am carrying.