• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. N

Trial set in open-carry gun case - Kurk Kirby update

Trial was set for Oct. 1 for a Vancouver man accused of unlawfully carrying a handgun at Albertsons, a case that sparked a nationwide debate last spring on open-carry gun rights. Kirby was cited March 19 for carrying the gun because prosecutors said he was displaying the gun in a way that...
  2. N

Poll on the Columbian.com

imported post http://www.columbian.com/polls/2010/may/do-you-think-its-good-idea-openly-carry-weapon-cla/ Do you think it is a good idea to openly carry a weapon in Clark County? Yes, I don't see any harm in it. 53% 152 votes No, I don't...
  3. N

The PA is tainting the jury pool!

imported post Prosecutor: Witnesses said Kirby looked ‘ready to draw’ http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/mar/31/prosecutor-witnesses-said-kirby-looked-ready-to-dr/
  4. N

Brian Baird townhall tonight

imported post I saw a guy wearing a red shirt who had what appeared to be a Serpa holster. Was that anyone from here?
  5. N

Breast-feeding a civil right under new Washington law

imported post "Washington is joining dozens of other states in protecting the rights of mothers who breast-feed their children in public places like movie theaters, parks and shopping malls." http://www.katu.com/news/local/51538187.html Why the heck isn't bearing arms a civil right?
  6. N

Legal Community Against Violence

imported post They go into great detail regarding Washington (and other states) firearms laws. They imply that open carry is illegal and that possessing a gun at a licensed daycare is illegal (Wash. Admin. Code 170-151-280(11), 170-295-5020(1)(g))). What kind of legal authority do WAC's have...
  7. N

OT: Vancouver WA Tea Party

imported post Hey all, I am not involved in the organization of this event but I will be attending and encourage others to do the same. http://www.freedomsflame.org/ "Pork Protest Vancouver, Washington on the lawn of the Clark County Courthouse Saturday, April 18th, 2009 from 11am to 1pm...
  8. N

OC at Esther Short Park

imported post Open carried at Esther Short Park and the Vancouver Farmers Market today. My wife and I and our almost 2 1/2 year old daughter met up with some of my wifes friends. We spent about two hours there with the bulk of the time on the packed playground where I followed my daughter...
  9. N

SWW Trip to Larch Mt. April 26th

imported post Hi all, You're invited to go shooting on Larch Mt (in WA)with myself and some other folks. We'll be meeting up at the 162nd and Fourth Plain Burgerville parking lot at noon and heading out at 12:15. The plan is to head up past Jones Creek and to one of the many gravel pits for...
  10. N

No OC at Winco

imported post Just got off the phone with the Winco corporate office. The guy I talked tosaid that the manager on duty has the authorityto ask anyone OC'ing to either conceal or leavethe store. He asked me why I wouldn't just leave my gun in the car while I'm shopping. I told him...
  11. N

Clark Country Sheriff's department and OC

imported post First I would like to say that I open carry everyday and almost everywhere I go. My ratio of positive/neutral experiences to negative experiences is probably easily 50 to 1. I was approached by a woman in Blockbuster Video last week. From the very first word out of her mouth I...
  12. N

OT: This happened in my neighborhood

imported post Vancouver woman finds felon in garage, fires gun 07:13 AM PST on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 By KATHERINE COOK, KGW Staff A Vancouver woman took the law into her own hands when she found a wanted felon hiding in her garage Monday afternoon. "What I did was stupid... I...
  13. N

OC report for the last week

imported post Open carried at the following locations : Safeway Fred Meyer Blockbuster Sportsmans Warehouse Bright Water Ventures Eastland Sushi Jerusalem Cafe Chevies Various Minit Marts and gas stations Zero negative encounters. Had one gentleman ask me about the law regarding OC/CC. He...
  14. N

Got a reponse from the Sheriff's office regarding the Winco incident

imported post I filed the complaint via email on January 16th, 2008. A sergeant called me today at 5pm and left a message on my voicemail saying he was leaving for the day and I could call him back Tuesday. Their website says "It is department policy that all complaints be investigated within...
  15. N

Does WA state preemption preemp disorderly conduct?

imported post I was in Battle Ground, WA today OC'ing at a gun shop. The owner of the place told me that OC'ing was illegal and that a few years ago a friend of his was arrested and found guilty of menacing. The friend was CC'ing and accidently displayed his weapon in a restaurant and someone...
  16. N

OC'ing at a postal location in a minute mart

imported post I OC'd into a gas station the other day and it happened to also be a post office/postal location. The post office is probably leasing the space from a private company so it wouldn't be considered a federal building.. or would it? The day I bought gas I didn't go into the postal...
  17. N

Letter to WinCo

imported post Here is a letter I am going to mail to the Vice President of Public and Legal Affairs at WinCo. I would like to get some input of things to add or other thoughts. Thanks. "Dear Michael: Recently a WinCo employee informed me that the carrying of firearms is prohibited at all...
  18. N

Criminal trespass

imported post I've been browsing the RCW tonight and have a question regarding Criminal trespass - Defenses RCW 9A.52.090. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.52.090 It says in part: "Criminal trespass - Defenses In any prosecution under RCW 9A.52.070 and 9A.52.080, it is a...
  19. N

Had the police called while I was shopping

imported post I was shopping at the Winco on HWY 99 in Hazel Dell, WA. Two Winco employees approached me shortly after I entered the store and informed me that I couldn't carry a gun in the store. I asked to speak to a manager and asked if that was corporate policy. The employee told me he was...
  20. N

Kicked out of Wal-Mart

imported post I was trying to buy some wrapping paper and tape today at the Hazel Dell Walmart in Vancouver, WA when I was approached by a Walmart employee who informed me that I wasn't allowed to carry a gun in the store. I told her that my understanding of their policy was that it mirrored...