• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Alabama permit question - Reason?

imported post I'm about to fill out the application for an AL permit. What did you put for the reason?
  2. S

Private Gun Range in Talucah near TN River / Wheeler Wildlife Refuge??

imported post I've been fishing near the dock in Triana and heard rifle shots coming from across the river. I've heard this on multiple occasions so I'm pretty sure there is a range over there. A couple weekends ago I drove around to the other side and figured out that the shots were coming...
  3. S

Looking for a place to shoot near Huntsville

imported post Just moved to the Huntsville area from VA. I'm looking for a place to shoot. I shot at Larry's today, but I was wondering if there were any outdoor places to shoot. Also, if anyone knows of any out of the way back woods places to shoot as well.
  4. S

Looking to swap my Taurus 941SS2 Revolver (.22 Magnum)

imported post Hopefully this post is kosher... I bought a 2" Stainless Steel Taurus 941 revolver for my wife to shoot at the range with me. I paid about $340 for it in November. I've shot about 1500 rounds through it. Turns out she would rather have a rifle... Anyhow, I wanted to see if anyone...
  5. S

Left-Handed Wife wants a .17HMR rifle

imported post Recently I purchased a 2" Taurus 941 .22 Mag revolver for the Mrs. to shoot at the Gun Range while I shoot my .45. Not two weeks later she says that she wants a rimfire rifle. Here's the catch, she's a lefty and doesn't like levers. By my logic it wouldn't be a good idea to get...
  6. S

Kahr P9/P40/P45 Owners, need a favor please!

imported post Ok, I admit it...I screwed up. I tapped out the trigger pivot pin on my P9 so I could remove and polish the trigger. Now I can't figure out how the trigger spring goes back in. I've looked at the diagram and know where it goes, just not how its oriented. Who knows this may give me...
  7. S

Thinking about getting a 4" Revolver in .357

imported post I've never had a revolver before and I was thinking of getting one for home defense/target shooting. I'm not planning on using it for CC. I'm fairly sure I want a Stainless 4" Barrel in .357 so I can shoot .357 or drop in .38SP if the wife wants to shoot it. I was thinking about...
  8. S

(Somewhat off topic) Alexandria CCW Processing Time

imported post I know this forum is mostly for Open Carry but I'm sure someone out there knows the answer... Anyone know the typical processing time for a CCW permit in Alexandria?