• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Virginia Beach PD training concerning OC

I spoke with a new Virginia Beach PD officer in training, and asked what they taught concerning OC. He said that they were teaching that it is illegal to carry in banks. (I'm not sure why this training was specifically concerning OC, as CC would also be in violation if this was, in fact...
  2. G

Is it OK to OC in State Parks?

Is it OK to OC in VA State Parks? I did some searches, but I didn't find anything conclusive about whether it is acceptable now or not. This isn't during hunting season or anything like that. I am curious because I will be going to First Landing State Park in June, and want to know what the law...
  3. G

Hit this poll--Should Guns be BANNED in the General Assembly Building??

Hit this poll concerning guns in the General Assembly Building http://hamptonroads.com/polls/should-virginia-lawmakers-ban-firearms-capitol-and-general-assembly-building?t=1294799402 Glenn
  4. G

USS Wisconsin and MacArthur Memorial

imported post I will be taking a guest to see the USS Wisconsin and the MacArthur Memorial in the next couple of weeks. I OC nearly everywhere I go, but I don't want to ruin the visit for my guest if the employees of these places can legally ask me to leave for carrying my handgun. Am I...
  5. G

Required to Notify?

imported post A friend was stopped in his car by a Suffolk police officer for a traffic violation. Nearing the end of the encounter, the officer asked if he had any weapons in the car. He notified the officer that he was carrying his gun on his right hip. The officer told him that he was...
  6. G

Kmart gun policy?

imported post Does anyone know the Kmart corporate policy concerning guns, esp. the open carry of firearms by private citizens?