• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. I

Should be required viewing for all of out legislators

I got this link off the national pages. It just says to much not to be repeated. Mike http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675#
  2. I

Attorney

imported post I was out trap shooting today and it turns out one of the people I frequently shoot with is an attorney. His law firm is in Redmond and it seems he is very interested in second amendment rights. I passed along a couple of brochures and hope to see him on this sight in the near future.
  3. I

Jury Duty hmmmm

imported post I have been selected for jury duty. Yea. Wonder how district court in Burien feels about OC? I guessI will soon find out.
  4. I

Another new toy

imported post Krieghoff Model 32. Used for me but still a great shotgun. Two barrell sets, one over/under, one single.
  5. I

Washington DOL training for firearms dealers PDF

imported post DOL training for firearms dealers. http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/fdltraining.pdf This information seems pertinent to open carry or anyone else who might purchase a firearm in Washington. It appears the DOL does keep a record of firearms purchases. Handguns at least...
  6. I

OC in Banks

imported post I just read an article about crime in the Northwest section of todays Seattle Times. It seems only 12 percent of bank robberies in Washington State over the past two years involved a firearm. That means 88 percent of bank robberies did not involve a firearm of any kind. This...
  7. I

USA Today Poll on the Second Amendment

imported post Please vote it only takes a second. http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm
  8. I

Why Carry?

imported post Yesterday I had the good fortune to attend a class for caregiving. The class was also attended by a very traumatized lady who was attempting to help her adult son.For the last ten yearshe has beenblind and suffering from brain damage. He lives on his ownbut frequentlyhas bouts of...
  9. I

Broken Beretta

imported post I went out to the range to practice with a friend and the darn thing just refused to return the trigger after firing a shot. I could push it foreword with my finger tip and it would reset. Try that in a gun fight. Thething is about a year old with lessthan 200 rounds through it.It...
  10. I

Lunch in Tukwila

imported post Has anyone had any experience at Red Robin in Tukwila? I am thinking of having lunch there.
  11. I

SeaTac area OC

imported post I have been OCing in and around the SeaTac area. So far I have not had a negative encounter. I have been to the Seatac Jack In The Box, Denney's, 7/11 and out as far as The Great Wall in Kent. We had dinner in the Japanese restaurant in the Great Wall Mall and then strolled...
  12. I

McDermott opposes carrying firearms in National Parks

imported post CongressmanJim McDermott has indicated he will oppose allowing the carry of firearms in national parks. I have already sent an e-mail perhapssome of you may want tocontact him as well. Congressman Jim McDermott 1809 7th Avenue Suite 1212 Seattle, WA 98101-1399 (206) 553-7170...
  13. I

Retention Holsters

imported post Does anyone have a good line on a high tech retention holster for a Beretta 84FS. As I scan the net it seems like the holster manufactures have passed up this model for anything but a cloth or leather with a snap. I am looking for a fitted polymer right hand waist mount with a...
  14. I

OC in Tukwilla and Renton - uneventful

imported post This was probably my first real OC. I was at the meeting in Olympia but that doesn't count. Yesterday I took the wife and grandma out for some last minute shopping at Walmart in Renton. I decided 'what the heck it is Christmas,I can deal with a little hassle'. So I strapped on my...
  15. I

RCW 9.41.060 Exceptions

imported post Does item 6 of RCW 9.41.060 create an exception allowing a person to carry a loaded firearm in their car when going to or from the gun club? Orfor a non licenced person to carry concealed when going to or from the club? http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060
  16. I

Will the police lie to make an arrest?

imported post I was discussing open carry with a friend. During our discussionthe frienddescribed a conversation he had with a Seattle LEO a couple of weeks ago. He said when asked about OC the LEO indicated if he saw anyone OCing he would arrest them. It didn't matter if carrying the gun was...
  17. I

Officer Safety

imported post It was suggested onthe GI Joethread that I create a new thread to ask this question. So here goes. As a LEO following up on a complaintand approaching acitizen,who has received bad news, is agitated, uncooperative and eventually has to be tasered are you safer if he is open...
  18. I

imported post I would like to say hi and thanks to everyone on this forum. I am 60 and grandma is 93 which means in a pinch running away is not an option. I would have to make a stand of some sort. I have a concealed carry permit and for the past couple of years have been carrying my FS84 well...