• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

Told to Leave Madison Heights Walmart

imported post I was doing some Christmas shopping today about an hour ago with my wife and 8 month old son. I was wearing a jacket when I came in but took it off about half way through our shopping. We shopped for about another 45 minutes or so and went to check out. While in line to check out...
  2. A

Giving a pistol as a gift

imported post I am a resident of Virginia with my CHP, so I can legally possess and carry handguns in Michigan. I will be traveling to Michigan and would like to give a family member a pistol as a gift. Does anyone really understand what needs to be done in this case? I understand the...
  3. A

Lynchburg is fantastic with CHPs

imported post I submitted my CHP paperwork at 11 AM on the 28th of July and received a call that I could pick it up at 1 PM on August 8th. Just picked it up today. 12 Day turnaround time! :celebrate
  4. A

Tomorrow

imported post The government is looking out for me, keeping me safe. Today if I go to the gun store and attempt to purchase a pistol, I will be unable to. Instead I can respond to an add from a private seller, or go to a gun show where I am sure to find some. If I then wanted to buy ammunition...
  5. A

.44 Magnum Defense Ammo

imported post What is the best defense ammo to be used in a .44 Magnum? It doesn't have to be magnum ammo if a .44 special will work that's fine I just need some recommendation as I'm not familiar with any of the companies I've found through my own searches. I was hoping to find something that...
  6. A

Blackhawk Serpa CQC for Glock 21 SF with Picatinny Rail

imported post Currently the only options that Blackhawk offers for the Glock 21SF with the Picatinny/1913 rail is the leg drop holster and the duty holster. Since Blackhawk won't make a CQC holster for it, I decided to modify one to fit properly. I purchased the CQC sized for a regular Glock...
  7. A

How much is too much?

imported post So, I've been OCing regularly for about 4 or 5 months now, but as of right now I carry only my gun, a pocket knife, and my cell phone. I read some of these forums and some of you seem to carry more stuff than batman. Gun with 2 reloads, BUG with reloads, OC spray, knife, voice...
  8. A

Revolver without transfer bar

imported post My mother's soon to be carry gun once she gets her ccw is her 20 year old S&W .38 snubbie. When I was looking at it recently I noticed that it didn't have a transfer bar. It's a stainless steel with a less than 3 inch barrel, so I think it must be a model 60. I am no revolver...
  9. A

Pancake holster for OC

imported post I've been trying to find a good OC holster for my Glock 21SF with the 1913 Picatinny rail, not an easy task. I found that the cheap Uncle Mikes sidekicks in size 15 do hold the gun, but after using mine for a while, the gun seated itself so deeply that the front sight would go...
  10. A

Rechambering a round

imported post So I was visiting family and a cousin of mine who is a deputy warned me not to rechamber the same round "too many times", but he didn't really say what that was. I wanted to see if there was any consensus on how many times is too many. I dry fire my gun 3-4 times per week so I am...
  11. A

Don't talk to the police?

imported post I was reading my emails that have piled up and found a link to this video sent from the VCDL alert. I wanted to see if anyone else had seen it and what their thoughts were, especially related to OC. For example, if police respond to a "man with a gun" call, should we completely...
  12. A

Looking for a good deal?

imported post I just found out about this today and thought it may interest others. The few guns I priced on there looked to be very good deals, here's the PR: GREEN BAY – A regrettable tie to two mass murders on college campuses is spurring a firearms dealer to forgo profit for the sake of...
  13. A

OC in city park?

imported post I am going with my wife this weenend to a park I believe is owned by the city, are there any legal issues with carrying in a city park? I believe national parks are no carry at all, and state parks are cc only, but what about city parks? Can a city make it's own rules about the...
  14. A

concealed-carry.net

imported post Does anyone know if this online CHP course is legit? Will it actually be fill the requirement to get my CHP? Has anyone done this? http://www.concealed-carry.net/
  15. A

Cheeseburger in Paradise

imported post I had my first negative encounter yesterday at Cheeseburger in Paradise. I guess I should have known better seeing how the chain is owned by Jimmy Buffet, but I was on the road and it was convenient, I didn't have time to research first. Anyway, here's how it went down: Stopped...
  16. A

New to open carry, just a couple of questions.

imported post Well, I've been trolling on these boards for a while, but after not finding anyone with apparent similar concerns as I have I guess I need to post. Why not, yall look like a good group of guys to chat with anyways. Fist off I just bought my first gun, a Glock 21SF and I love this...