• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Richmond DMV

Hello Everyone, I have a quick question.. I plan on going to the Richmond DMV on W Broad Street and was wondering if it is permissable to OC or CC there?? Appreciate the assistance! Gunny
  2. G

VA coming to visit NC

imported post Hello ALL, I am going to be visiting some this summer in your wonderful state and just want to make sure I do things right, so here goes: 1. When I come into NC to visit, is it ok for me to OC? 2. When I come into NC to visit, is it ok for me to CC? 3. When I come into NC to...
  3. G

Need your Help - Looking at Changing my Primary Carry Handgun.

imported post Hello ALL, I am in need of your help. For the past 2.5 years, my primary handgun of choice has been a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145, two tone model (3rd Generation). This handgun is the only one I carry concealed and inopen carry mode. However I am thinking about a change. Now...
  4. G

A Couple of OC Questions...

imported post Hello One & All, Some quick OC questions: 1a. Is it legal to OC with a Shoulder Rig? 1b. How many actually OC in that manner on a regular basis? 2. Background - My weapon of choice for OC & CC, is a Taurus PT145 Pro. I am currently using an Uncle Mikes #16. It's the one...
  5. G

OC in Richmond Museums???

imported post I plan on visiting the below listed Museums in Downtown Richmond, and wanted to ensure OC wouldn't be an issue: The Holocaust Museum The Edgar Allen Poe Museum The War Memorial I plan ok visiting tomorrow, Sat. Any assistance would be appreciated! Gunny
  6. G

Ranges in the Richmond area.

imported post Hello All, I only know of one range in my area and it's the one adjacent to VASP. I personally don't like to shoot there as they don't allow you to shot your own ammo. So are there any indoor or outdoor ranges (within 25 miles of Richmond) that allow you to shoot your own ammo...
  7. G

OC at Mary Washington Hospital

imported post If I could get a quick answer it would be appreciated. I just learned that my daughter is in this hospital. I would like to go in OC mode, but I don't know if it's allowed. Please advise and Thanks! Gunny
  8. G

Shooting Ranges

imported post I reside in Richmond and only know of "1" Shooting Range, I believe is JD's up by the State Police Headquarters on Midlothian Trpk. Range is an indoor and OK, but you have to use their ammo, which kinda sucks since I will never use their ammo out in the real world. I would...
  9. G

Weapon Retention - Holster of Choice??

imported post Hello All, I have a quick question. Background: My CCW & OC weapopn of choice is The Taurus Millennium PT145 PRO (3rd Generation), 3.25" barrel and loaded with 10 in the clip and one down the pike. The holster (OC) I purchased at the time I bought the handgun is Uncle Mikes...
  10. G

CarMax Refuses Open Carry!

imported post This past weekend I paid a visit to the CarMax's on w Broad and the one on Midlothian Trpk. I was told by the salesman at BOTH locations that CarMax has a NO gun policy and was asked to leave it in my car. I opted to prompt some quick questions: 1. Why no sign in the front of...
  11. G

Open Cary Holsters for - Taurus Millennium Pro PT145

imported post I just purchased this great handgun and was wondering what Open Carry holsters are available? More to the point, what holsters are you PT145 owners out there using and or recommending? Thanks ~~ Gunny
  12. G

OCDO info card.

imported post How does one acquire an "OCDO info card"? I think this would be a very GOOD thing to have availabe in the old wallet. Thanks ~~ Gunny
  13. G

Open Carry - Displaying Badge

imported post I was recently at the Kroger Store in downtown by VCU. While I was there I noticed another person exercising his right to Open Carry. But what caught me off guard, he was wearing a Gold in color Badge on this belt. Of course anyone, and almost me, would auto consider this person...