• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. dukenukum

Lansing Police Alert

Lansing Police officers have been telling people open carrying is brandishing and illegal in Michigan. Was told this at Quality Dairy on Pennsylvania Avenue and Cavanaugh and Kroger on Holmes and MLK. I thought this was a non Issue with LPD but I guess they need a reminder.
  2. dukenukum

I have searched

And my eyes and mind are fried, Has anyone open carried at fire mountain.
  3. dukenukum

Got scolded today

I went to Meijers to get a furnace filter since they have never given me a hassle about open carry. got into the parking lot and this little old Asian woman started hollering at me about how this was not allowed in her country and how dare I offend her blah blah blah. I told her if she thinks I...
  4. dukenukum

Family Reunions are so much fun!

Sunday was the annual family shin dig we call a reunion we are divided to say the least over guns. One cousin and I were praising the virtues of the .45 auto, the 1911 pistol and other things worthy of honor such as reloading presses, bullet casting open carry and the like when my freedom...
  5. dukenukum

I tried it

Today I carried my pistol concealed it didn't feel right, I felt like I was trying to deceive someone oh sure it was legal for me to do so but I just didn't feel comfortable. All my concealed friends? told me it was more comfortable and gave me a tactical advantage, why if I was to draw it would...
  6. dukenukum

THE ICE CREAM CART GUY

imported post namely me is offering to all who mention Michigan open carry, OCDO a discount on purchases over five dollars, Watch for me in Lansing, Lansing township and Delta township this year. :celebrate
  7. dukenukum

A little humor for today

imported post After a encounter with a gun grabber he made a statement that "every gun sold takes a day of his life". After much thought I concluded if this is true perhaps we can defeat gun control by means of attrition, Let us consider the means. First buy a gun or two this will get us a...
  8. dukenukum

If you don't like guns why are you at a gunshow?

imported post I was at the Mason gun show doing a membership drive for the club when this lady? comes up to me and starts in on we don't like guns, guns are evil, gun owners worship Satan,( yes she said this to me) and why did you guys shoot up ponderosa? my only though was why are you here...
  9. dukenukum

What Kidssay

imported post As I was finishing my christmas shopping at the local WalMart ( was open carrying ) a little girl about six or seven years of age commented to her Father " look Daddy he has a gun like yours" this started the conversation on the legality of open carry in Michigan, the reason we...
  10. dukenukum

Been a while

imported post since I have had the access to the computer ( it was hijacked by my mom after her stroke) hope everyone is well, I have made a big mistake my foster sister's girl is graduating high school and I asked what gun she would like as a gift her answer the FN ps90 only 2200 bucks :shock...
  11. dukenukum

save a lot response

imported post Mr. Ray in response to your complaint about being asked to leave our Lansing store location for carrying a firearm, it is and has always been our stance with our stores that we do not allow firearms in our facilities under any circumstances. We do have the right as a private...
  12. dukenukum

Since I am having

imported post so much fun with open carry I decided to blog about it here http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/ I will post the good bad and everything else started with yesterday's little encounter .
  13. dukenukum

Got the boot from save a lot

imported post Seems save a lot is unfriendly to gun owners and open carry the manager at MLK blvd and Holmes in Lansing MI came at me with a bunch of employees so I left . until I get the scoop from corporate HQ that they will respect my rights gonna shop elsewhere
  14. dukenukum

Mega stress

imported post Last month my mom had a cva stroke and was in the hospital for five weeks she came home Tuesday yesterday the visiting nurse came in and DEMANDED to know if I had guns in the home . I feel this is really none of their affairs , they said it was for their insurance company any...
  15. dukenukum

What Happened

imported post to the tea party thread ?
  16. dukenukum

Gun Show Report

imported post The Mason gun show was well attended and my booth was favored by a visit from our own Venator . Ammo was available but Expensive compared to last summer . lots of talking about the Second Amendment march . hunting Rifles were in good supply as well as hand guns Sport utility...
  17. dukenukum

Stop on by

imported post On the 13, 14 , 15 of February I will be at the Mason gun and Knife show at the Eaton Rapids Conservation Club table O C D O members stop on by and see me .
  18. dukenukum

Snow Blowers and open carry

imported post so it snowed in Michigan ( big surprise ) my new neighbor and I decided to run snow blowers and clear the walks we noticed each was open carrying our .45 autos in flap holsters great way to meet the neighbors . :celebrate
  19. dukenukum

Court today

imported post got detained by the family court this morning seems I have children with a gal I never met :cuss: took all morning to sort this mess out :cuss:the judge said huh ? this is the wrong guy even the gal said this is the wrong guy the friend of the court insisted I was the dad though...
  20. dukenukum

need to vent and a lawyer

imported post As many of you know I am an ice cream vendor by means of a push cart . Sunday july 27 I was selling and a female attacked me yelling screaming and uttering threats against my person , time to retreat to the south precinct and get help . oh joy ! no one home picked up red phone in...