• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Carried for at least two months now. My report......

imported post For slightly more than the last two months, I've been carrying my Taurus model 85 stainless steel snub nosed .38 on my belt in a Fobus holster just about everywhere I go except for places that have gun-prohibited signs on the door, hospitals, bars and parks. With only one...
  2. C

How many people have been charged with "going armed to the terror...", really?

imported post Going armed to the terror of the people, which I'll hereafter refer to as GATTTOTP, sounds to me, from the wording, like one of those arcane laws written sometime in the middle of the 1800's and which is almost never used anymore, like an antiquated blood pressure medicine on the...
  3. C

My review of a Fobus paddle holster for my .38 Taurus snub.

imported post I have been using a Fobus paddle holster to carry my .38 Taurus snub for a week now and am pleased to report that I am quite satisfied with the holster. I have found this to be a comfortable and secure holster. It's firm, matte plastic construction and finish means you don't have...
  4. C

Food Lion's official position on ON

imported post A week or two ago I went to the Food Lion across from the Wal-Mart on Eastway in the evening in Charlotte. I was promptly met by the MOD and a security guard who firmly but couteously told me I could not carry in the store. I was allowed to pay for what I had picked out and...
  5. C

Anyone here seen, own, or have an opinion on the new Ruger LCP?

imported post This seems to be one nice little compact gun designed to be a slightly higher quality piece than the Kel-Tecs of similar size, though I've heard no complaints about the Kel-Tecs. List is $330. Has anyone owned, shot, or handled this gun as of yet? Check it out at their web site...
  6. C

Pleased to report it's okay to carry at this Charlotte Food Lion

imported post I recently OC'd into Food Lion at 931 N. Wendover at about 10:30 pm and received no static at all with my 6 inch S&W .357 on my belt. In fact on the way out the security guy said it was one nice looking gun and asked if it was a Taurus or S&W. I should mention that this is a...
  7. C

The advantages wearing your holster on a duty belt....

imported post As an OC'er, I wear a police-style nylon duty belt which I attach my holster to. This has several advantages which simply strapping the holster directly to your pants or dress belt does. To be clear, a duty belt as I am describing it is a somewhat thick leather or nylon 2" wide...
  8. C

Question about Fobus paddle holsters for a small revolver.

imported post I just ordered a Fobus paddle-style holster for a small Taurus revolver I am going to be OC'ing with in the near future. Is this a pretty comforatble holster, and is it comfy when seated in a car? Can it be worn easily and comfortably with a nylon police-style duty belt? Thanks...
  9. C

Carry in NC Wal-Marts mostly okay...

imported post I asked the security guard at my local Wal-Mart in Charlotte (at Central and Eastway blvds) today what their policy on OC was. He said it ultimately depended on the manager on duty, but he had previously seen people do it and no one had received any hassle at all as a result. He...
  10. C

Hassled a bit at Food Lion in Charlotte, my first OC experience to boot.

imported post Went out to get a bag of food at Fodo Lion this evening on Eastway (near Central av.) in Charlotte this evening, neatly dressed with my stainless .357 6 in revolver on my hip. This was the first time I was meeting the world as an open carrier so I was a bit nervous as I am sure we...
  11. C

Questions about OC in Charlotte and quoted Charlotte muni code

imported post Charlotte is a high crime city where it pays to be prepared and ready to protect yourself at all times and in all areas, no matter how cleaned-up they may be in recent years. Violent crimes here are both geographically random and often involve guns. I wanted to open carry...