• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. R

Need help buying guns at GSO gun turn-in this weekend...

Greensboro Police are holding a gun turn-in this weekend (they are not offering anything of value for the guns)... Story at www.news-record.com. I am planning to set up across the street and buy some of the guns (if any) that are being turned in. Am looking for help i.e. manpower, and if...
  2. R

Is it just me, or is NCGV (local brady bunch) getting desperate?

I got this email today:
  3. R

OC article in News & Record tomorrow (July 8)

For those that remember (and contributed) I posted about the News & record doing a story on Open Carry... apparently that article is going to run in the paper tomorrow. I have not seen the article, but it will include comments from others on this forum. I am optimistic that it will be good...
  4. R

Greensboro OC'ers willing to speak to the press...

imported post I have been contacted by the local newspaper (News & Record) about OC int he Greensboro area in the run-up to the protest/demonstration in Guilford Battleground Park in August. I am trying to assist her in sifting through the wealth of information(and mis-information) on OC in...
  5. R

visiting GA w// question - Public Gathering?

imported post Is an event a public gathering if it is NOT open to the public? I will be attending a convention in Savannah and was wondering how the pbulic gathering ban applies. For that matter, does anyone know whether the Savanah Convetion Center is governmernt owned, or owned by a...
  6. R

NC Brady bunch gunning for Sen. Kay Hagan's vote

imported post The North Carolinians Against Gun Violence has sent out a blast email asking their members to lambast frehsman senator Kay Hagan for voting yes on the amendment to allow loaded firearms in National Parks. As usual, the brady bunch resorted to outrageous rhetoric and emotional...
  7. R

Read the NCOPC proposals VERY carefully

imported post Before signing onto any petitions, please read their letters and proposed amendments VERY carefully, many of them are so poorly worded it could easily do our cause more harm than good - either by actually passing bad laws, or by diluting our strength in the General Assembly when...
  8. R

Senate Bill would allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

imported post SB 235 was introduced Feb. 19 by Sen. Brock. We need to get our voices heard - North Carolinians Against Gun Violence (the state brady bunch) has made it a legislative priority to defeat this bill and have sent emails to people with misleading info. The Bill: NCGV's email...
  9. R

no weapons at furnal procession... clarification?

imported post As we all know, NCGS 14-277.2 makes it illegal for anyone to carry a weapon in a funeral procession... I found another statute that defines a funeral procession as But that definitions only applies to that article (of which 14-277.2 is not a part). Does that mean I cannot...
  10. R

New Doctor, "no weapons" and a PO'd wife...

imported post Well, it finally happened and boy, is my wife pissed. I have been reading for months on this and various other firearms/2nd Asmendment web sites about refusing to do business with companies that wish to disarm law-abiding citizens who have jumped through the hoops of getting a...
  11. R

No weapons in Hospital waiting room?

imported post So I spent some time at a local hospital's surgical care waiting room today while my wife has surgery. I carried concealed to avoid the inevitable confrontation with hospital security if I carried openly at a women's hospital We went last night for some pre-op treatment and...
  12. R

Still illegal to carry ANY firearm in NC...

imported post Just got an email from the Governor's Office confirming that the State of Emergency declared Sept. 4 in advance of Hanna and Ike remains in effect until oct. 3 - thereby making it illegal for anyone to transport a firearm of their premises under NCGS 14-288.7. WE HAVE GOT TO...