• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Home Defense Trainig

imported post Home Defense 101Saturday December 5th, , located at the Kingsley Sportsman's Club. This course will discuss strategies and tactics for keeping you safe in your home, plus we will be doing hands on defensive firearms tactics. This is NOT A CPL course. $40 per person, limited space...
  2. D

ZKingsley Sportsman's club Hunter's Supper

imported post Saturday Nov. 7 the Kingsley Sportsman's club will be holding their annual Hunter's Supper. 3 choices of meat and veggies and pie for dessert! $6 per adult, family of 4 $15, under 10 free w/ adult. 4:30 til 7:30 PM, 1/2 mile north of Kingsley on Garfield rd. This is our main...
  3. D

Ammo order in

imported post Finally, after 4 months, I got my Michigan Ammo Co order, met the owner, nice fellow. Everyone seems to be real pleased, but the ammo I have in stock probably won't last. So if any of you local folks need some ammo before this weekend,, stop in. It probaly won't last through the...
  4. D

Anniversary and Moving Sale

imported post We are having a moving Sale!! Everything is on sale from bullets to boats to clothes to counters to holsters! The more I sell, the less I have to move ( to the west side). 10 to 40% off! Come see us @ 721 Woodmere Ave in Traverse City (next to B&T used appliance). We will be...
  5. D

2nd Amendment Fundraiser swag!

imported post I have 2nd Amendment Merchandise in Stock!! All proceeds go to the Second Amendment March in Washington! They make great Christmas Gifts (C'mon it's NOT that far away folks). Support your Constitutional rights before we lose them! T-shirts $20 , Books $12, Bumper Stickers $2...
  6. D

Getting a carry gun

imported post I saw a thread similar to this on MGO's site in regards to a man and his wife getting there first CPL guns. Below are my thoughts: As a long time CPL instructor and new concealed carry accessories retail store owner, I of course have some advice: 1) You pick out your...
  7. D

Motorcycle rally in Traverse City

imported post Sorry I've been resting on my laurels, but as soon as I get Skip Coryell's speech for our open carry picnic uploaded, I'll post it if I can. Anyway, I would like to do a motorcycle run/rally as a fundraiser for the 2nd Amendment March, looking for any advice that one could give...
  8. D

Open range days

imported post If you are going to be in the Traverse City area this weekend, and want to do some shooting, or are looking for that little extra bit of training, The Kingsley Sportsman's Club will be hosting some open range days: The Kingsley Sportsman’s Club Is having an open to the public...
  9. D

Ladies only CPL instruction.

imported post I know this is an OC forum, but you can legally OC more places with your CPL than without it, and who couldn't use a little more training? Not to mention, while in scenic traverse city. Here's the facts: Ladies would you feel more comfortable (or have more fun ) if you left your...
  10. D

Fore warned is fore armed

imported post I just finished this month's Combat Handguns (Sept 2009)~! WOW. It's the most comprehensive issue yet! The whole thing is packed with good points and practical information for the individual shooter concerned with personal protection. Come on in a get your copy today! I know some...
  11. D

Bikers look here!

imported post Hello, the Motorcycle season has begun, and I want to add concealed carry biker attire in my store. However, there is a problem, I do not have the $1000 for the initial order. I do have a solution. I am offering as a buy in deal, that my first ten orders will be at cost (+ sales...
  12. D

Shooting with my kid!

imported post Last weekend I took my daughter shooting. It's not he first time we've went, but we had some new equipment with us to try out. First was the Pro-ears Pro Gold Tactical hearing protection I just started carrying in the Store. The quality of amplified sound, as well as their comfort...
  13. D

Pro-Ears are made in Michigan!!

imported post Come on folks!! Pro-ears passive and dynamic hearing products and made right here in Traverse City MI. I've met the partners, great product with great service! Let's not forget the Benchmaster, portable shooting bench made in Lake Ann, MI! Check out their products here...
  14. D

For my fellow PATRIOTS

imported post The Discerning Shootist In Traverse City is offering springtime specials!! We are going to do a bulk order of 5.11 gear, where you get the gear at 10% over cost (to cover shipping and handling). Also, we will be doing the same with ammunition manufactured by the...
  15. D

Picnic in Traverse City

imported post Thinking about an OC get together/picnic here in beautiful Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend. Thoughts? Takers?
  16. D

BBQ in Traverse CIty MI

imported post Go to : http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/18498.html
  17. D

BBQ in Traverse CIty MI

imported post I would like to host a OC BBQ in Traverse City on December 6th at 2pm. I just opened The Discerning Shootist, a retail store with self defense/concealed carry as its main focus. I am providing the food, but any help with reachihng out to people would be greatly appreciated. Please...