• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Out of state concealed carry permits

Hello, I'll be visiting Colorado in December and am trying to find info about your oc/cc handgun laws. I open carry here in WI as we have no concealed carry option. Do you have any links to an overview of your state laws, and possibly local laws for Ft. Collins? Is it possible to obtain an...
  2. G

Best Buy will be banning open carry next month

Hi all, I was just shopping at Best Buy and was stopped by the security guy on my way out. He was very polite but regrettably informed me that next month they will be enacting a corporate policy banning open carry in their stores. I assume this means starting September 1 but did not ask for...
  3. G

"knocked down"

imported post Icepik posted an ordinance from Rhinelander that includes the term "knocked down" This used to be in Saukville's muni code until a few months ago. I've never seen a definition for this, so how are people supposed to know what it means? Is it knocked down if the barrel is removed...
  4. G

Sig P226 recoil

imported post Hello, I recently purchased a Sig P226 in .40 S&W. I can shoot much more accurately with this than I can with my 9mm Ruger P95, but the recoil is almost unbearable. After about 3 magazines (36 rounds) my hand can't take it any more. I have shot a few 1911's and XD's in .45 ACP and...
  5. G

I agreed with Chief Flynn

imported post You read that correctly folks. I just saw a news clip of Flynn and he said, "Sometimes success is measured by what doesn't happen." Now if only he could see how this applies to open carrying. Geoff
  6. G

Carrying for the disabled

imported post Hey all, As many of you know, I am having health issues that left me (hopefully temporarily) unable to do many things with my right arm. One of the most important ones is that I can't rack the slide on any of my handguns due to a lack of grip strength. This has been preventing me...
  7. G

School zone map making tip

imported post Many municipalities offer geographic informaiton systems (GIS) maps on their web sites. These maps will tell you who owns a property, show you the property lines and often offer measurement tools. If you can find the schools in your area, all you should have to do is enter their...
  8. G

First letter - Saukville ban on assembled firearms

imported post I just wrote my first letter reguarding local ordinances and thought I would post it for your reference. If I hear back, I will post that as well. Have a good one Geoff <Addressee>, I recently came across village ordinance 140-2 which prohibits residents (and non-village...
  9. G

hwy cleanup

imported post Is the next highway cleanup this morning (Sat?) I haven't heard anything about it recently. thanks, geoff
  10. G

OC - Germantown

imported post Earlier this week I went to Pick 'N Save here in Germantown for a few quick items.I had a (female)friendcome along so others would see it as an ordinary event, and for the most part they did. I only spotted two people staring at my gun, and the first one didn't look concerned...
  11. G

Voice recorder

imported post Hey all, I need to get a voice recorder tomorrow. Are there any particular features I should look for? Can you recomend a model? Thanks, Geoff
  12. G

Germantown Ordinances

imported post Hello, I was just looking through my village's ordinances concerning firearms, and am hoping you can help clear them up. 9.03(1)(d)defines a public place as "Any privately owned building which is open to the public." but I don't see "public place" anywhere else in this section...