• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. 4

Maybe We'll Stand a Fighting Chance Now....

Just read an update from a (local) news site that I get text messages from that our illustrious Sen. Max Baucus will be retiring rather than seeking re-election. I thought that was pretty good news. He may have sided with Montanans a few times, but there have been many times where we as his...
  2. 4

Carry, of any kind, At the Airport...

What is the official word regarding this? I have a friend who will be deploying shortly and it would be fun for my wife and I to go and see him off. What are the restrictions as far as carrying at the airport? I carry damn near EVERYWHERE, but I want to make sure it's okay and I'm legal, as long...
  3. 4

House Bill 246

Okay, I have a question here that kinda causes me to question things. In 2009, the Governor signed Montana House Bill 246 which states (I'm paraphrasing here so bear with me) that any firearm, firearm component or ammunition made within the state of Montana, sold in the state of Montana, that...
  4. 4

Pulled Over for OC'ing in Kalispell

My wife and I spent the better part of the day driving around to all the car lots in the tri-city area looking for one we wanted but didn't have any luck. We got done at about 14:45-14:50 and decided to sit down around the Old Steel Bridge area to wait for school to get out so we could go pick...
  5. 4

Would You Submit?? (Is that the proper question?)

Okay here's my question, I've been pondering this for a while: You're walking with your significant other and are carrying (OC or CC, doesn't matter.) A local LEO notices a 'bulge' under your shirt, firearm on your hip, etc., as you walk through the park and stops you. Upon walking up to you the...
  6. 4

Local 'Political' Issue Causes a Stir...

Everyone knows the significance of yesterday and the importance Patriot's Day has in American history. Everyone knows that thousands of people died needlessly in an attack on our shores that was the worst thing to happen on US soil. After the attack happened our president designated every...
  7. 4

Big R in Great Falls

Only the second place where it has happened in my life, but I got asked to leave another place of business because I was carrying a "loaded gun in plain sight" where others could see it. I hate Political Correctness!! I walked from the front door to the gun counter and was asked by one of the...
  8. 4

OC in a New Town

imported post Okay, a little background. I've lived in the Kalispell area pretty much my whole life and have OC'd there for about as long as I've been legally able to do so. Now I find myself in a new town (Shelby) and around new, unfamiliar people and I find myself a little nervous when it...
  9. 4

Discussion With a Co-Worker About OC!!

imported post I work at a Medium Security Correctional Facility and was talking about guns with a fellow C.O. when I told him that away from work I tend to carry a gun with me everywhere I go. The first question out of his mouth was to ask why I did it. I told him I do it because I want to...
  10. 4

Where Were You When the Ball Dropped??

imported post I spent my New Year's Celebration in Prison, where did y'all spend yours?? (I know, not an 'OC' subject but I had to work and thought it might be cheery to hear about everyone's tradition of ringing in the new year.)
  11. 4

I MISS IT!!!!

imported post I miss being in the Kalispell area already. I've (very) recently moved over to the wonderful and thriving metropolis of Shelby, Montana and have come to find that while everyone here may know everyone, I think some of the locals will kinda' react in a negative way if/when I do...
  12. 4

We're losing Popularity!!

imported post Okay, y'all. We're losing popularity in the thread here and we need to get everyone back in here. The subject of discussion on this particular thread is this: How many pistols can you comfortably conceal at one time? I would love to see some pictures of people concealing more than...
  13. 4

How Far Will Some People Let Their State Go??

imported post This is ridiculous. Can we all say Fourth Amendment Violation?? C'mon guys, it's not difficult to look at something like this and tell a state that enough is enough and the people aren't going to put up with anymore crap! This is a blatant disregard for the Constitutional Rights...
  14. 4

Proposed AWB Protest in Montana

imported post Protest planned against federal gun bill By JIM MANN/Daily Inter Lake Published: Saturday, March 14, 2009 There's a low, grass-roots rumble building over new gun control legislation in Congress, and a former Flathead Valley state senator intends to raise the volume. Jerry O'Neil...
  15. 4

Concealment Mag or Mag/Surefire Light Holder

imported post Anyone have any suggestions as to who makes one or both of these items for a M&P 45 magazine? No Fobus! I'm looking for something that I can carry concealed that will be a decent mate for my Serpa Holster. Doesn't have to match perfectly but I want something that works well and is...
  16. 4

Ok now, but seriusly folks!!

imported post This is coming from someone formerly in the Law Enforcement field: I'm no longer a police officer but I still hold to a lot of the ideals and the habits I learned while in that field. I was always taught to be cautious during traffic stops when learning the subject was armed but...
  17. 4

Thought this might interest some!

imported post These numbers need to come up! It's sad that we're in such a minority in a state as open to it as Montana is! Got this from Captain Crunch on another forum. JB & MT Gunny, you know who I'm talking about!! http://www.progunleaders.org/MTCWP/
  18. 4

Why I Carry a Gun

imported post I got this email today and thought the whole thing made a lot of sense!! I agree with every one of these! WHY I CARRY A GUN My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he...
  19. 4

Concealed Carry/Open Carry Wardrobe

imported post Okay everyone, I'm nosey and curious. What do everyones concealed carry outfits look like? What kind of stuff do you carry with you, what kind of holster rigs does everyone use? When you carry your pistol (or what I prefer to call my Insurance Policy) what does your setup consist...
  20. 4

Had to Draw My Gun (A long time ago...)

imported post You always hear about how a police officer says that in 20-some-years they never had to pull their service pistol. Armed civilians are less-likely to be in a situation where they have to pull their pistol than cops. So many things like that are said every day, I honestly wonder...