• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. P

Returning to Georgia

The family and I will be relocating to Waycross the weekend before Christmas. I have learned so much from the VA forums about the carry laws in VA. I am hoping to continue getting advice and learning about GA carry laws from this forum. We will be joining georgiacarry.org as soon as we get...
  2. P

Leaving Virginia

It is with great sadness that my family and I will be leaving one of the greatest states in this country(yea I know it is a commonwealth, but I was too lazy to type the word commonwealth, ;)). I know we have only been to a few events, but we met some great people at those events. I have posted...
  3. P

GA version of VCDL

In Virginia we have the Virginia Citizens Defense League, does GA have a version of that.
  4. P

Non Resident permit

Does TN issue non resident permits, and if they do, how do I obtain one
  5. P

Does GA issue non resident permits

Hello all I have been traveling to GA alot lately, I will be coming down to visit family for Thanksgiving. For some unknown reason GA does not recognize VA permit, so I was wondering if GA isssues a non resident carry permit
  6. P

Important question about courthouse/courtrooms..

I think this may have been asked before, trying to figure out the whole courthouse/courtroom issue. If it is a county owned building the houses the courtrooms, but also housed all the local county offices, clerks office, county states atty, and others. All the court rooms are upstairs. Wife...
  7. P

OC in other states

If a state is licensed OC only, and they accept VA CHP for conceal, does that cover you under licensed carry for OC. I am asking specifically about TN, I know I could post this in TN thread, but I trust our people a lot more.
  8. P

Looking for a range

Looking for gun range in or around Johnson City, about 20 mile radius
  9. P

Deputies got to wrong address, shoot resident

Lake county deputies were serving a warrant for attempted murder, they went to the wrong address, kicked in the door, the resident while defending to himself from unknown intruders, the deputies shoot and kill him. Can not wait to see how this one plays out...
  10. P

Proud Parent Moment

The family went to a local chineese buffet resturaunt, after we had gotten our plates and sat down our waitress approached, I was thinking she was just gonna ask how things were going and if we needed anything. Much to our surprise she started asking my wife and I about our guns. I will...
  11. P

Anti Gun encounter at Broadway Cinemas

I know not alot of people in this forum are not from the deep part of southwest Virginia, but I wanted to let everyone know of an anti gun establishment. If any of you knows the location of Claypool Hill Mall, just outside of Richlands, also known as Cedar Bluff. They have a theater call...
  12. P

Converted die hard CCer to OC today

While at the DMV in Clintwood VA today(I realize that very few of you know where that is) to put in my chanege of address, I was standing at the counter. A very nice elderly lady approached me and stated "if I were you I would not carry my gun that way". I asked her why not, and she replied...
  13. P

Looking for local OCers near Dickenson county in Haysi

I have just recently moved from Prince William county back home. I now live in southwest Virginia, and by that I mean very southwest. Those of us here do not consider Roanoke to be southwest. I am in Dickenson county in Haysi. I would like to find other OCers in the area to meet and possibly...
  14. P

Attempt to disarm by LEO

Without going into too much detail, I recently had the occasion of local LE being called to my residence(let preface by saying they should have not been called in the first place and they told the person as much). My wife and I had just returned from errands, so both were still OCing. We...
  15. P

Looking for your opinion on supporting an indoor gun range in Prince William County

I would like as many opinions as possible. How many would support an indoor gun range in Prince William County
  16. P

Good experience in Strasburg(I know not NoVA)

imported post Last week, the same day I picked up my new gun, the family and I went to the new Dennys resturaunt. As we were pulling in I noticed a PD car in the parking lot, and then another one was pulling in. We reached the door prior to the two officers and I held the door open for them...
  17. P

looking for gun range in winchester/frederick county area

imported post Hello all, would like to know if there are any gun ranges in the winchester or surrounding area.