• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. EM87

Open carrier killed with his own gun

It's been a long time since I've posted here, or even visited here, but I saw this on another forum and thought you all should know. Apparently it finally happened. http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2011/dec/03/1/teen-homicide-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/
  2. EM87

Purchase permit issue in Kalamazoo

My girlfriend went to get her purchase permit earlier today in Kalamazoo. She was told to fill out paperwork with her identifying information so they could do a background check on her. She filled out this paperwork and handed it in. She took the 10 question quiz, which she passed. Then she...
  3. EM87

Reminder: MOC SW Region Litter Pick-up THIS SATURDAY!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78990-MOC-adopt-a-Highway-Litter-pickup-Sept-25th-SW-Region-Hartford-Area And oh, 1000 posts for me. :lol: :banana::banana::banana:
  4. EM87

Can a city charge for a pistol purchase permit?

I just went to drop off a couple RI-60 forms and saw someone paying for a purchase permit! I thought the law did not allow that. I asked the lady behind the window and she said that the $5 charge was for the purchase permit to be notarized. Is this legal?
  5. EM87

Tell me about the P-64

A guy I know is selling a Polish P-64 pistol chambered in 9x18 Makarov. It comes with two mags, has a trigger job, and he says that it works great. What would be a normal price for this gun? Is there anything to look out for in terms of reliability or function?
  6. EM87

Willow Run Air Show - Carry Not Allowed?

http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/schedule.php On the list of prohibited items is "weapons of any kind". Is this subject to firearms preemption? (I want to CC there.) I was told that carry on airport property is allowed as long as you don't have to pass through a secure area. Thoughts...
  7. EM87

Where the heck is it?!?

I've been googling for what seems like HOURS now (but is most likely just a very intense half hour) and I cannot for the life of me find the section of law that states what I am allowed to do as a CPL holder. (How I may carry my pistol.) Can someone please point me in the right direction?
  8. EM87

Kind of OT: Need a gun-friendly roommate in Kalamazoo

Kind of OT: Need a gun-friendly roommate in Kalamazoo (EDIT: FOUND ONE) EDIT: Found a roommate, so please disregard this thread! This is really my last effort to find someone to live with me this coming fall. My current roommate is moving out and I need someone to fill his spot. Does anyone...
  9. EM87

Stand Your Ground (State Law) vs. Duty to Retreat (City Ordinance)

imported post Many months ago I was working armed security and had the cops called out to the work site because of a fight. One of them mentioned that in Kalamazoo you have a duty to retreat from a violent attack. I questioned his statement because I thought state law trumps city ordinances...
  10. EM87

Went to traffic court this morning...

imported post Went to traffic court this morning... ...and was told that the officer couldn't make it because he was occupied with "official business". I thought this was a good thing because the citation would be dismissed, but then the judge went on to say that the courts are very clear...
  11. EM87

Open Carry Motorcycle Ride

imported post There hasn't been much organization for this event and the original thread wasn't very on topic when it came to planning, so here is a fresh thread that can be used to plan this event. First of all, we need to know who is free to attend this event on Saturday, June 5. After we...
  12. EM87

Finishes: Blued vs. Parkerized vs. Nickel

imported post If I want a black 1911, is that 'blued'? Or is a blued finish just dark but not black? What's parkerized mean? I know what nickel looks like but thought I'd include it in case anyone wants to comment on it. Let this be a discussion on finishes.
  13. EM87

Saturday Afternoon Shootout

imported post I'm trying to listen to the live show right now on www.flinttalkradio.com but it keeps loading a talk show from yesterday when I click on "Live Streaming Video". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  14. EM87

Need 1911 OC Holster Suggestions

imported post I'm planning on picking up a 1911 sometime in the next few months and am looking for a good OC holster. I have a serpa for my Glock and absolutely love it, but it wears slightly on the finish. I don't mind the slight wear on the Glock because it's just my carry piece, but for...
  15. EM87

Stand Your Ground (as long as you're not committing a crime)

imported post I'm reading a thread on another forum about the motorcycle incident we're discussing here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/42455.html Someone said that if there was not a marked car behind the guy (no knowledge that he was LE) and if the guy had shot the officer (assuming...
  16. EM87

How to get a pistol at age 20 (?)

imported post The girl I'm seeing is 20 years old and wants a pistol in her home. She says that her brother (over 21) can get good deals on pistols through some kind of police/military something-or-other. I am hoping that someone can tell me how to legally register the gun in her name without...
  17. EM87

MSP LEO Interaction

imported post During this whole interaction I had my full-face helmet on. Earlier today right after I'd picked up my motorcycle from the shop, I was filling up at a gas station with my GLOCK hanging halfway out below my riding jacket, poorly concealed. There was a MSP officer in his car...
  18. EM87

"Homeland Security, FBI Raids Militias in Multiple States!"

imported post http://current.com/shows/upstream/92346718_breaking-news-homeland-security-fbi-raids-militias-in-multiple-states.htm The newscast doesn't mention anything about militias, so I'm not sure why the article is titled as such. This could be the beginning of something big.
  19. EM87

Need clarification on the federal carry laws

imported post I remember a time when we as a group were not sure about the whole 1000 ft from a school thing. Now we have members OCing (w/CPL) on school property. I missed the boat when it came to figuring out how it was legal to OC (w/CPL) on school grounds. I understand how it's legal per...
  20. EM87

AK mags for sale

imported post I have 6 steel 30rd AK mags for sale, one of which is loaded with Brown Bear hollowpoints. I purchased them in bulk when I got my AK but then sold the rifle. They work as they should. I am selling the five empty mags for $10 each. The magazine loaded with Brown Bear...