• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Scooter

Need help from the Ohio OC'ers!

Greetings from Michigan! A friend and his wife who live in Ohio are taking the concealed carry course. They do not own their own handgun yet and were planning to borrow his father's firearm. This is all fine except: Dad lives in Michigan (Dad has a concealed pistol license). The class is in...
  2. Scooter

Anyone familiar with this group...?

Considering joining some kind of "legal defense" network for firearms. I have looked around a bit and found one called Gun Owners Legal Defense Network (GOLD'N). For $100 a year you get legal representation for just about anything gun related not just the standard "after you used your gun"...
  3. Scooter

Is it lawful..?

Is it lawful to be charged with trespass at a school if the only reason you have been asked to leave is for the legal Open Carry of a firearm (with CPL)? I know you can be charged with WHATEVER they feel like and for whatever reason I suppose, just wondering if it would "hold up" legally? Now...
  4. Scooter

Visiting from Michigan, questions about OC

My family and I are going to be staying in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area next week. I was wondering if you fine folks could direct me to the right spot so I will know the dos and don'ts of carry in Tennessee? I have a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) from my home state of Michigan. I plan to...
  5. Scooter

OT Is this legal?

I can't get into details. Simple question: Is it legal for a LEO to question, without parents knowing, your child about something that happened outside of and not related to the school? I am looking for law on this and can't find anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  6. Scooter

1911 in the $500 range...?

So, a good friend of mine has $500 to spend on a handgun. He wants to get a 1911 style handgun in 9mm. I have done some research and have found several that have good quality reviews. Thought I would ask around here and see if anyone has any personal experience/favorites in this price range...
  7. Scooter

Carry at the Air Show (Thunder Over Michigan) at Willow Run Saturday/Sunday?

My oldest son and I will be going to the air show tomorrow. Does anyone know if the event is Carry friendly? Anyone else going? (no, I will NOT wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks) ;P
  8. Scooter

OC at EMU......?

Have been invited to a movie screening at the Student Center at EMU. I have a CPL, I am not a student there: okay to OC? The EMU website only mentions students not being able to have firearms on campus. What say you?
  9. Scooter

Binder Park Zoo; Leave your gun in the car... :(

The family and I went to Binder Park Zoo (Battle Creek MI.) this weekend. It is a great zoo and we gladly make the drive. I had not OC'd there before but was not concerned as I OC everywhere allowed by law (I have a CPL). We entered and looked around as usual and then boarded the tram to the...
  10. Scooter

Binder Park Zoo......?

imported post My family and I will most likely be going to Binder Park Zoo next week. Does anyone have any experience with CC/OC at this zoo/know if they allow? Thanks!
  11. Scooter

Question from Michigan about Toledo area..

imported post Hey folks! I had heard that the Toledo area has/had a law about no more than a 10 round mag in your handgun. Is this true? If I have a 12 round but only 10 in it, am I then OK? I attend church in Ohio and was just wondering since I may find myself "in the city" sometime and I...
  12. Scooter

First time OC!

imported post :celebrate So yesterday I decided I would OC around the 'hood. (just picked up at M&P 9c and my Blackhawk Serpa Sporster holster arrived!) So, out the door with the wife and our 5 kids ("Think of the children!!") We did several laps stopped and talked to neighbor for 5 minutes or...