• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Cpl class

Anyone know a place near Canton to get a good deal on a CPL class? A buddy at work wants to get his, then I will work on converting him to OC :) He just moved here from Ohio, there is no requirement for how long he has to be a Mich resident before getting his CPL is there?
  2. C

Sumpter township cpl ordinance

A friend at work just told me he read in the local newsletter that sumpter township posted than residents who move to the township that had CPLs issued elsewhere must take their cpl in to have it copied and registered locally, anyone ever heard of this? I am gonna have him try and get me the...
  3. C

Changed My Mind

deleted
  4. C

Dan Wesson 357 problems

Hey guys, A friend of mine inherited a nice blue steel dan wesson 357 and it is having a issue. It is giving light primer strikes on the rounds sometimes. This has happened with a variety of ammo. He said he has cleaned the gun all up but he is not very famililar with guns so I have to...
  5. C

CPS and opencarry

Ok, to keep this on topic I will ask, can I OC when dealing with CPS - - Now the heart of the matter I have a family situation maybe someone here can help with. The long and the short of it is this - A few months back my brother and his wife disassociated themselves with a long time friend...
  6. C

AR15 in 7.62x39

I seen bushmaster has these, anyone ever had a 7.62x39 AR? Thoughts?
  7. C

Van Buren park does not allow firearms

http://www.vanburen-mi.org/Parks.html I went to Van Buren park today and noticed as you enter the park area on the rule sign number 1 is no firearms I am gonna fire off a letter to the director of the parks and hope you all do to but I do have a couple questions first. If your on city...
  8. C

Annual Strawberry Festival in Belleville

imported post I have not made it there but I have heard that at the enterance to Main street in Belleville where the festival is being held they have no firearm signs and metal detectors. Has anyone been down there yet? This is a annual festival and I would imagine the city hosts it, they would...
  9. C

Michigan Pistol

imported post A friend was asking me about the lever action pistol in zombieland, the Mare's leg. They are expensive and he was asking me the legality involved in making one from a lever action rifle. He was saying he could get a 30-30 or so for a few hundred bucks and would rather modify that...
  10. C

Out of state gun sale

imported post Just double checking, the only way to sell a gun to someone out of state is mailing FFL to FFL right? I work with a guy that lives in OHIO and he wants to buy a pistol off of me, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to hard way if I didnt have to.
  11. C

Need help with a gun for my sister

imported post Hey guys. I am happy to announce I get to supply my sister with her first gun, she has decided to carry and with her living alone in florida I am estatic. Ok, I am wanting something small and cheap due to economic conditions. My first choice was a ruger lcp my 2nd was a kel tec...
  12. C

OT Anyone interested in a S&W 357 combat magnum

imported post I have a Smith&Wesson Model 19-5 2 1/2 inch 357 combat magnum Nickle finish. I am thinking of unloading. My sister lives alone in Florida and called and asked me for the gun ( I told her a while back she could have it if she wanted it ) Come to find out she is going to get her CPL...
  13. C

Pistol sales record

imported post Just checking to see if anyone knows where we can get the sales receipts we use for purchasing handguns.
  14. C

I know there is no real reason to post this but...

imported post I got my letter today that my CCW application was approved and my CPL is ready for pickup :celebrate Took about 2 months, washtenaw county.
  15. C

SCOTUS

imported post Where is the best place for material regarding current past and future cases before the Supreme Court? Just looking to stay updated.
  16. C

And the officer forum thinks we are bad

imported post Seeing how clueless they are is really baffling sometimes. They love to bash us but I think we have all spent a lot more time researching the laws they enforce than they have :P Poor guys are not allowed to unlawfully arrest us now...poor bastards :lol...
  17. C

Interested in a discussion on OCing Long arms

imported post I know I have read of some people open carrying rifles at some of the open carry meets, I am wondering what the general thoughts of people are on this. I am 100% Pro gun, carry.. but personally I see this as a horrible idea on many levels. I don't really see any practical or...
  18. C

Woman cited for not disclosing..

imported post I took my cpl class yesterday and the instructor was telling us to inform police if you have a cpl when pulled over regardless of if your carrying or not. This contradicted what the previous instructor told us earlier in the session which started a discussion. The 2nd instructor...
  19. C

Michigan liquor control act

imported post Hey guys I am a new member from belleville michigan and I have been reading up on these forums for about a week and have found them to be very insightful :-) I am a bit confused on the Michigan liquor control act, it says that it is unlawful to carry in a area covered by this...