• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. ooghost1oo

Buying a house in a school zone --- problem???

Hey guys. (Colorado Springs) Looking at buying a house that is roughly 1000 feet from an Elementary School, give or take, (so it's important, right?), and the street 'school zone' stuff ("slow" painted on the asphalt, flashing lights, etc.) are out in front of the property on the street. Do I...
  2. ooghost1oo

Open Carry'er at Pizza Hut!

Props to a tall, bearded, young dude OC'ing a little Glock at Pizza Hut on Academy and Carefree with his female counterpart tonight picking up a 'za and some wings. Anyone on this board?
  3. ooghost1oo

First LEO Contact! Refused ID successfully!

Had an exciting day today. I was out working with some of my employees, marketing on foot for leads for a home improvement company, and had LEO contact. Note: This does not involve OC'ing, but I acted the same as if I were to have an encounter OC'ing, and used knowledge and tactics to resist...
  4. ooghost1oo

Colorado Springs Open Carry Dinner - Saturday, Sep 25th, 6pm

----------------------------------------------------------------- September 25th, Saturday, OC Dinner, Colorado Springs. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Somewhere where we can congregate and move around a lot. Like a buffet. Golden Corral?
  5. ooghost1oo

Interesting idea: Kalifornia-style CCW workaround?

So I read recently about the OC Ban in Kalifornia failing, and a comment about carrying the gun (unloaded) and a loaded magazine in separate pockets got me thinking... Is there anything illegal about concealed-carrying an unloaded handgun? And, if not, is there anything illegal about...
  6. ooghost1oo

Real data about the 1000' foot school zone laws...

I came across some interesting information about the 1000' school zone anti-gun laws in the Arizona forum (reading about their new Constitutional Carry) that I never saw here. I know that we, in Colorado, have discussed (amid other discussions) that the 1000' law is something enforced only...
  7. ooghost1oo

Going through New Mexico this weekend from Colorado .. some clarification?

Hi, Open Carriers! I'll be heading down to Roswell and back this weekend, and wanted to bring my pistol with me. In Colorado, one can carry concealed in their vehicle without a permit. Is it the same in NM? Am I 'required' to disclose to LEO or anything like that? No sort of 'unloaded in a...
  8. ooghost1oo

Places we have Open Carried ... (constant revision)

Colorado Springs: Walmart on 8th Street Independent Records downtown I-Hop on Chelton Rd. Golden Corral on Powers and Palmer Park First Bank near Broadmoor "Compleat Games and Hobbies" on Tejon (Manager not too friendly about it, though) Downtown Starbucks Phillips 66 at S Academy and 115...
  9. ooghost1oo

PikesPeakMan! Re-post your pamplet!

Looks like attachments didn't make the migration.
  10. ooghost1oo

Sent an Email to Dan Maes and Scott McInnis about Constitutional Carry and Open Carrying

The Dan Maes, Scott McInnis, and now TOM TANCREDO post! (Constitutional Carry and OC) Dan Maes responded first: _________________________ "If you are elected, would you be willing to sign a "Constitutional Carry" bill for Colorado (like Arizona and Vermont), doing away with the need for a...
  11. ooghost1oo

TOMORROW - Last minute OC Breakfast in North Colorado Springs - Golden Corral Sunday Brunch

imported post Since we're looking at high precipitation tomorrow, and likely postponing the North Colorado Springs Barbeque until next month, here's an idea for a gathering tomorrow morning instead: 0900 2May Sunday Golden Corral, Woodmen just West of Powers Sunday is their 'breakfast and...
  12. ooghost1oo

Colorado Springs Tea Party Rally

imported post I went to the Tea Party Rally in Colorado Springs today. It was fun. Unfortunately, Acacia Park (location) was within 1000' of the downtown high school, so I couldn't Open Carry. I carried my mag pouch (with mags and ammo), an empty holster, and a big sign around my neck reading...
  13. ooghost1oo

My First Time Open Carrying - Downtown Colorado Springs and Starbucks

imported post Here's the story of my first open-carry again, which was previously hijacked by a troll and went so off-topic, the whole thread was deleted. btw, Mods, if something like that ever happens again, it'd be nice if you just remove the bad posts instead of the whole thread. Thanks...
  14. ooghost1oo

How can you tell where you can shoot or not outside of city limits?

imported post In Colorado Springs. Rampart Range is closed, at least for now, and will likely remain closed permanently. I've been thinking of finding some place 'in the wild' to go shooting off of 115 south of town. Anyone know of such a place? I remember, when trying to save Rampart Range...
  15. ooghost1oo

Learned something about longgun carry laws... confirm?

imported post Just took my Hunter-Safety class (that is a CHEAP way to satisfy certification requirements for a CCW, btw), and learned that in the state of Colorado it's illegal to carry longarms (rifles, shotguns) with a round in the chamber. This was the big game hunting regulations book for...
  16. ooghost1oo

Save Rampart Range!!

imported post Fellow Colorado Open Carriers, In case you didn't see it on my OC Facebook group, PLEASE take action to save Rampart Range. I found the guy in charge, and he said that our letters WILL influence their decision on whether or not to close it. Here's the info from Facebook: (skip to...
  17. ooghost1oo

CCW Class on the CHEAP in Colorado Springs.

imported post I'd love to take one of the better CCW classes that last all weekend and teach lots of tactical stuff ... BUT ... I don't have much time or money to put into that right now and I'm looking to get the minimal required training I need to get my CCW. On the cheap. Anyone an official...
  18. ooghost1oo

Blog Article - Challenging the Bad Guys Out in the Open !!

imported post http://eddiepatin.com/pblog/index.php?entry=entry090615-093359
  19. ooghost1oo

"Open Carry" Supporters of Colorado

imported post Okay. We didn't have one, so we do now: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=212878675303 Thanks to PikesPeakMan for the pamphlet. EDIT: The old group has converted to the new group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/occolorado/
  20. ooghost1oo

A decent explanation about CO's 'use of deadly force' laws

imported post http://publicola.mu.nu/archives/2007/02/03/colorado_use_of_force_laws.html