• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

El Paso County CCW Permit Oweners not in a datebase

A few weeks ago during the weekend my girlfriend and I were walking around Manitou Springs (I live in Colorado Springs) and I was stopped by a police officer because my firearm was halfway concealed. I have a CCW permit so I took it out and showed it to him. He didn't have an issue with it...
  2. S

CCW Permit Denied, Filled Appeal, thoughts??

So I called in today and they told me my permit was denied (it's been 100 days) because of my arrest for harassment (which we all know is domestic violence) in 2004 against my ex-wife the case was ultimately dismissed by the DA in 2006. I cleared the CBI background check and was able to buy a...
  3. S

Anyone having issues open carrying after the event at Arizona?

Hello all Just as I feared because of the events that unfolded in Arizona the gov't is once again trying to take our rights away. As if criminals follow the law, well anyways I know there are some avid open carry fans here and I was wondering if anyone has run into any issues while doing so...
  4. S

Good deal??

Anyone know of any good places to get cheap Glock magazine's? So far I'm finding anywhere between $25-30 but the $25 ones equal to about $30 with shipping. I'd just go to a store and get it if thats the case.
  5. S

Good Holster?

I just ordered a Glaco CON226B as seen in these links below, anyone has any thoughts on it, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I'll be using it to OC and when I get my permit, to CC as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qEH7Ue7kg or http://www.topglock.com/item/3391_Ga...NCEALABLE.aspx
  6. S

Glock cleaning & lubing

I just bought a Glock 23C back in October of this year and been to the range a few times to go shooting. I have now put about 400 rounds through my weapon and cleaned it for the first time today, I lubed once after I went through the range and shot 100 rounds through it. I'm going to start...
  7. S

Who won the elections and what does it mean for our rights

So the elections took place and winners I believe have been chosen so what does it mean for our rights?
  8. S

Suggestion for an OC hostler for a Glock 23

I have a Glock 23C and right now I am using a Galco YAQ202B as seen here (in black) http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-yaqui-slide-paddle-auto-concealment-holsters.html Since I open carry I would think this would be fairly easy for someone to just "take" if they decided to reach for it while...
  9. S

CC in car without a CC permit

Can you have a concealed weapon in your car if you don't have a CWP (waiting for mine to be approved) since your car is like your home?
  10. S

Places that don't want your busniess because you open carry

I am curious as what to say if a place asks you to leave or is worried about open carrying without them having a sign posted on their establishment. Do you just comply and leave?
  11. S

Lasermax and a glock 23C

I was looking at adding an internal laser sight to my Glock 23C by lasermax however they do not fit into the forth generation models. I just bought my weapon on Monday and I am unsure what generation model my firearm is, does anyone know how to look that up? Thanks
  12. S

A few questions about OC & CC

Hello guys First off a little bit about me and new to the forums. Ex-military, currently a graduate student working on my Master's degree in Criminology. Bought my first handgun on Monday a Glock 23C and turned in my CC permit application today, I am unsure the turnaround date on that here in...