• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Big River Leather

Received my license...... 84 days later

Yeah, I know, partially my fault. Mailed in Nov 1. Returned to me on Nov 26th as I didn't return the affirmation form with my MN Permit, returned to them Nov 28th. Check Cashed December 6th. Received license on Jan 23rd :mad: :-D I called them last Friday. I rattled off all of the dates for...
  2. Big River Leather

Has anyone that had to re-submit their application received their license?

I had to resubmit my application because I used my MN permit and did not submit my affirmation form (I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me). I sent my original in on the 1st of Nov, returned to me on the 26th, resubmitted on the 28th and my check was cashed Dec 6th. No...
  3. Big River Leather

Anyone going to the Friends of the NRA Banquet in Fountain City Tuesday 8/2?

I'm going. I've never been to one before, but one of the forum members here showed me some pics of some of the hardware he has won at these and that pushed me over the edge. I like meeting and talking to gun folks too. It'll give me another chance to OC as well :D I know there are some not so...
  4. Big River Leather

NRA-ILA Right To Carry Workshops Across WI - I'm going to Baldwin 7/24

Got an invitation in the mail and via email for these workshops for the new Right to Carry legislation. In addition to that is sounds like there will be discussion on how we can support our legislators that are currently up for "re-election" in the recall elections. Here is a copy of the email I...
  5. Big River Leather

Big River Leather Custom Holster Karma ***WINNER FAST ED!***

I realized I could not edit the title of my thread for Fast Ed to see this so here is the official announcement. Fast Ed, drop me a PM, you are the winner of http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?91987-Big-River-Leather-Custom-Holster-Karma-Celebration-Giveaway
  6. Big River Leather

Will my MN permit (WI resident) be good enough in WI?

...or will I be giving up some rights that I might otherwise have if I got my WI permit? I wonder if possessing the MN permit would be enough documentation that I've been through the background check and training, should I have to /decide to get a WI permit. I'm so looking forward to the day...
  7. Big River Leather

Big River Leather Custom Holster Karma Celebration - Giveaway -

Big River Leather Holster - WINNER IS FAST ED!!! So I drew 5 hours early. I think everyone had entered that was going too. I went to http://www.random.org/ and let it select the post # which came up as #34, Fast Ed's entry. Congratulations! drop me a PM and we'll get you in the que I came...
  8. Big River Leather

question about the 1,000' school zone rule

Is it a WI statute or a federal statute? I'm pretty sure the gun free zone on school property is federal but I'm unsure about the 1,000' "buffer"
  9. Big River Leather

My Letter to Rep Dean Knutson and Senator Sheila Harsdorf with reply

I wrote the following email to my legislators. I received a very positive reply from Representative Knudson. I've not heard from Senator Harsdorf yet but we have communicated in the past and she does support concealed carry legislation. I'm just not sure of her stance on Constitutional Carry...