• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

My circle and Open Carry

Through the fall and winter, I haven't run into any issues with "open carry" because I had been wearing a jacket for the most part. With the weather getting warmer, I have been sticking to my normal routine, Springfield XDm 5.25 holstered in a Blackhawk Serpa minus the jacket. My brother and a...
  2. S

NRA Instructors teaching personal opinion

A while back in the Connecticut forum, an issue came up about NRA Instructors misinforming their pupils about OC rights and other issues. Original Post: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93575-Misinformed-NRA-instructors-in-Ct It got a bit off topic but I felt like it was going...
  3. S

.22 cal is best for self defense

Try this: Draw and fire your normal carry gun while backing up from the target. Empty the whole mag. Go to the target, measure the radius and multiply it by about 3 (stress factor). Now do the same thing with your .22 Still feel good about your .45?? I know everyone is going to come back...
  4. S

S&W Governor

What does everyone think of the S&W Governor for OC? 6-shot SA/DA Revolver Fires .45 long colt, .45ACP, and 410 shotgun shells I can't think of a better option than a couple of shotgun shells followed up by some .45ACP. I know it is just the competitor of the Taurus Judge and I don't really...
  5. S

How often?

Well I haven't started OCing yet but reading here everyday certainly makes me want to start. My question is: How often do you actually OC and how often does this lead to some altercation? It seems to me that OCing is like being a full time teacher; nobody seems to know the rules and you've...
  6. S

New guy checking in

Hello all, I'm Jake from Griswold and I have been browsing this forum from time to time and would certainly like to know more about OC and other gun issues. I have never carried openly and rarely carry at all (it seems that most places I go will involve drinking in some capacity), but I do...