• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Been OCing in Naples for almost a month, zero problems

Hey guys, I just wanted to post to update people in my area. I go to University out of the area so I only get to fish in Naples on vacations. So this winter break I've been Open Carrying my Kel-tec .380 (please don't make fun of me, I can only afford one) but with an extended 9+1 magazine. Went...
  2. J

Visiting Georgia- Need Info on Permitless Car Carry

Greetings, I am spending 10 days in Georgia on vacation. I will be driving from Florida. I am well versed in the ways of having handguns in my car in FL without a permit, but I am extremely confused about Georgia. According to GeorgiaCarry, a permit is not needed to CC/OC in your car as long...
  3. J

OC holster for kel-tec p-3at .380 with 9+1 extended magazine

Hello OCDO I am looking for an OC holster for my .380, preferably OWB at 9, 11, 1, or 3 o clock position. A leg drop holster would be fine as well, as long as its clearly visible. I'm spending the summer in Ohio and I'm 19 (out of state) and can't cc but I'm having a very hard time finding...
  4. J

Carry One In The Chamber- Store Clerk Hits Mag Release When Racking Slide Shootout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GW8L2dabUo&feature=related Store clerk draws his handgun during a botched robbery...and hits the mag release while racking the slide. Luckily the robbers can't shoot well either. This is one of the reasons why it's so important to carry with a round in the...
  5. J

We, The Youth of This Nation, Need Your Help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVCaNP-I21Y&feature=player_embedded http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2012/04/man-identified-in-erau-campus-shooting.html My name is Jacob, and I am a college student. Just like many of you had (and possibly your children have) when you were in...
  6. J

Weapons Permit Training Course Satisfaction

I am getting my CCW soon, and I was wondering if it matters how long ago I did my FWC Hunters Safety Course (16 hours long). I completed it when I was 18...do you think they'll accept it? The law doesn't specifically say. Jake8x7
  7. J

Michigan OC

I'm sorry if I should do my own research, but my girlfriend is choosing between getting an instate Ohio CPL or a Florida nonresident CCW. Florida would offer more reciprocity in the bible belt, where she visits often, but florida nonresident isn't valid in Michigan. Is permitless OC allowed in...
  8. J

New York City Mentality- Transit Workers and Taser (self-defense) rights

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/17/new-york-senator-proposes-equipping-transit-workers-with-tasers/ “A bullet you can’t control, but a Taser, the electronic probes are not designated until the person pulls the trigger, so if you don’t hit your intended target you are not going to hit an...
  9. J

Tourist beaten, stripped, and robbed in Baltimore, MD

Accidental double post. Moderator please remove. Jake8x7
  10. J

Tourist beaten, stripped, and robbed in Baltimore, MD

After skimming the Drudgereport today, I came across this new story/video. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=86&sid=2827048 I am completely appalled at the responses of citizens on the street, as well as the LEO spokesperson. She said something along the lines of the victim having the right to leave...
  11. J

.38spl & .357mag in long guns

Sorry if this might be common knowledge, but do rifles chambered in .357 mag also take .38spl? Jake8x7
  12. J

Why can't I have an unloaded revolver in my car without a permit?

The map shown on OCDO says no firearms in the car without a license. According to Ohio state statutes: “Firearm” and “handgun” have the same meanings as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code. (2) “Unloaded” has the same meaning as in section 2923.16 of the Revised Code. (B) No person shall...
  13. J

Age requirement to OC handguns/pistols in FL

I'm 19. When OCing in Florida under the "fishing exemption" it doesn't cover what types of guns, so I'm assuming long gun OC is legal at 18...but what about handguns? 18+ can legally purchase handguns and handguns ammunition from private sales, securely encase them in their cars etc. The problem...
  14. J

Need advice for Florida OC via "fishing" exemption

I have decided to represent the OC movement by fishing on the Naples pier in Naples, Florida. I am pretty sure no one has OC'ed in this city of over 100,000 for over 25 years. I am under 21 but over 18, and know a majority of the FL laws extremely well (18 to buy handguns&ammo via private sale...
  15. J

Home Invasion against "visibly" LEO home seeking weapons: July 4th Weekend

My father had been involved with multiple DUI checkpoints that weekend. Because of this, he had driven a patrol car in the area to and from work more than usual (we live in a rural area about 30minutes from a large city). There was a construction project that had just begun days prior down the...