• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. F

Sanford/ Lillington/ Spring Lake Area

Anyone live in or around the Sanford/ Lillington/ Spring Lake area? I live in the middle of that "triangle" and would be looking for anyone close to do meet and greets with. Wife and I are still fairly new to this area (about 2 months, came from Vegas), and still a little new to OC. If anyone...
  2. F

What cannot be OPENLY carried?

I wanted to post this as a response to another thread, but it was closed. I'm trying to find out where NC law might state what weapons cannot be openly carried. As I understand the basics to laws, statutes, regulations, etc, (admittedly this is limited :) ) laws serve only to limit, not to...
  3. F

Raeord

I'll be moving to Raeford area in about 9 months. Anyone live there, or familiar enough with that area, to warn me of laws i might need to know that aren't coverned anywhere else? Decided to move there due to dropzone and wind tunnel. Anyone else into skydiving? My wife sure would like a...
  4. F

LE Involvment for OC events

Hi, i'm wondering if anyone has gotten purposefully involved with LE, Security Guards, etc, about meet ups. I was involved in a trash pick-up across from a Police Department. The department was notified so they wouldn't freak out, and so they were educated. We picked up trash on the street...
  5. F

Perchase Permit?

I'm new to NC gun laws. I'm trying to understand the purpose of the purchase permit. Why does the state use this system instead of going with a normal NICS check done at the dealer's store. Cany someone explain this to me?